Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135 f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135 f/2.8 Reply with quote

For the Steinheil fans, some sample pictures.
The images are straight from the raw files, without PP, just EV adjust and sharpness+1.

At f/5.6:

Full res (10MP) here.

Wide open (by mistake):

Full res here.

At f/4:

Full res here

The whole set is here.

Please, feel free to comment, i need feedback since i got a new pc (the old one died) and a new calibration probe ...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The images are pleasantly rich in detail yet smooth and I'd say soothing, perfect for romantic flowers pictures.

I see no problem with the calibration of colours and contrast. There is no real black in the pictures but it seems to be due to the choice of subjects.

-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are beautiful pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great color background on the 1st shot !

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135 f/2.8 Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
For the Steinheil fans, some sample pictures.

I'm one. Thanks Indiandinos.

It's great to see you here too.

Excelent pictures and the flowers are reals, very sharp. It seems to be more sharp than my CZJ 3,5.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Fantastic!
I like Steinheil lenses a lot!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Orio wrote:

The images are pleasantly rich in detail yet smooth and I'd say soothing, perfect for romantic flowers pictures.

I see no problem with the calibration of colours and contrast. There is no real black in the pictures but it seems to be due to the choice of subjects.

Thanks Orio, we share the same point of view about the lens ... Now, i have to find a subject for portraits, for testing the skin tones rendition ...
I have other sample pics taken with an extension tube, there should be some black, i will try to post them later ...

Schnauzer wrote:

I think they are beautiful pictures.

Thanks Schnauzer, the Jardin des Plantes is a really pleasant place for testing lenses, there are a lot of nice subjects ...

tobbsman wrote:

great color background on the 1st shot !

Thanks Tobias, the flowers in the background were purple and rose hydrangeas ...

estudleon wrote:

Excelent pictures and the flowers are reals, very sharp. It seems to be more sharp than my CZJ 3,5.

Hi Rino, yes, quite some people on the same forums Wink ...
I would say that this lenses renders better than my other Quinar (which is still unfixed Embarassed ) ...
I'm not sure about the sharpness wrt the Sonnar, but, since i have this lens, too, i will try to get some spare time and make a series of comparative shots ...

LucisPictor wrote:

Wow! Fantastic!
I like Steinheil lenses a lot!

Thanks ... Too pity that their prices are going stellar right now (Click here to see on Ebay or Click here to see on Ebay, but this one could be interesting Click here to see on Ebay) ...

Thanks to all for spending your time commenting here. I was a bit ... anxious ... about the calibration of the new laptop (the screen technology is not the same as my old Vaio) and the calibration probe (i used a Gretag Macbeth for my old PC, but now i have got a Spider3 as a gift for my birtday) ...

Will post soon other pictures taken with this fantastic lens.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi indianadinos!!

Some nice examples!! I love them all..

Number 1 -- the background is outstanding !

And the statue - -I love it Smile It is so emotional ...

tf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Steinheil fan - I really love my 105/4,5 macro. You certainly show yours to great effect.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I join the team, Steinheils are great performers, thanks for that excellent proof!