Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How much? - Pentacon 2.8/135mm MC electric
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: How much? - Pentacon 2.8/135mm MC electric Reply with quote

I was wondering what prices the Pentacon usually go for these days? (In good to excellent condition)
I've searched through most of the topics and the used lens price guide but I can't seem to come up with a consistent number. Most members seem to have gotten them at a steal. I have yet to be so lucky. But what would be a decent amount to pay?

~Marc

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you see price is very different. Very common lens you can get as a steal a less good looking copy. I saw them from 10 USD to 80 USD.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a year ago i could buy these for usd20 each ... nowadays, i see them going for usd60 - 100 ...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine for 1.7€. First Manual lens I got. About a year and a half ago. Smile A friend bought his for 3€.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up good ones for £10 and one for £6.50 in the last 6 months.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have paid 20 Euros for a like new copy 3 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one in SG with box for USD$160

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only about a tenner for mine, but that was about 18mths ago. Prices have certainly gone up, but I've seen ones recently going for not much more than I paid. Just depends on your luck.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Only about a tenner for mine, but that was about 18mths ago. Prices have certainly gone up, but I've seen ones recently going for not much more than I paid. Just depends on your luck.

Which brings us to the first rule of the Ebay buyer: don't buy when you need, buy when you should.
For instance: there is a copy for sale for 100 Eur of a lens that normally costs 250 - buy it even if you don't need it. And the other way around: there is a copy for sale for 300 Eur of a lens that you have seen some time ago for 150 Eur: don't buy it, wait until a similar lower offer comes up again.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks everyone. I'll keep an eye out for one. I still have a couple of 135s, a Komine Vivitar and an Auto Chinon, that haven't even been used so I should probably focus (no pun intended) on those for a while. My Tair always seems to be my 'weapon of choice.' I just was impressed with some of the recent samples from the Pentacon that I thought I would get an idea for the price range. Thanks again

~Marc

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also try a Jupiter-37
Great sharpness, great 3D and beautiful bokeh.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I would also try a Jupiter-37
Great sharpness, great 3D and beautiful bokeh.

+1000

Amazing, I've got the first slides and I shocked. You won't believe what a 39 dollars lens can do.

I have not scanner, I'll try to use a friend's of mine and then upload my first samples.

Last edited by magnet-2009 on Tue May 12, 2009 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i have one in mint condition, good as new one, for sale. Interested person can PM me. Thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing