Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angelica (various lenses)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Angelica (various lenses) Reply with quote

http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/angelica/angelica.htm

I will add more files with the days
There are no corrections to the images, not even the usual ones for these shots (so no skin blemishes corrections etc) - just don't have the time
You can use these to evaluate the lenses
All the M42 shots have been taken with a blank (non AF chipped) adapter and a lot of guessing (so please accept some slight focus missing when it happens)
All the shots are medium or high ISO, and hand-held
You will find indication of what lens directly on the page.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing clarity in the full size images, Orio! I especially like Valeria for its fine composition and balance, a truly great shot. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a brutally honest lens. It's like walking into a bar, calling the biggest bloke a *%^£( and legging it out the door. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Angelica (various lenses) Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
You can use these to evaluate the lenses

In that case, I recognize that the glass is exceptional, and is in the hands of an outstanding photographer.

I'll withhold comment on the model.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 8 Euros per 45 minutes that's the best that was available as two models Laughing

I was expecting a superior performance from the Pancolar (so many people buying it at these prices can't be stupid).
But what really surprised me was the Pentacon (photo of Valeria). Man, what a lens for 48 Euros! I can't understand how can it be sold for these low prices. I used to have a Canon EF 2/100. The Pentacon is one stop slower but quality wise beats the socks off it.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio
I can only see the pancolar 80/1.8 sample. Crisp. honest. slightly shy on contrast.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Orio
I can only see the pancolar 80/1.8 sample. Crisp. honest. slightly shy on contrast.
patrickh

Yes, Pentacon photo is in a different thread.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news! you find superb models! that will fill MFlenses with light!