Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More new toys - Kiev
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: More new toys - Kiev Reply with quote

This is the Kiev 4 that arrived today. Thanks for making me buy it, best 18 quid I ever spent! I love it Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, I was eyeing that one for a bit (even contacted the seller and asked if he'd be willing to ship it to a friend in UK) but I'm happy that you got it Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Kiev Reply with quote

Looks nice ! I stupidly sold mine a while back and I've regretted it ever since. But Graham, now your troubles will really start, 'cos you'll need a 35mm, then an 85mm, and maybe the 135mm as well, and - of course - the turret v/f. At least you can still them fairly cheaply - so better get going.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! what a cool camera! Enjoy this beauty!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Sweet Graham Very Happy
Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,
I'm whispering so noone will hear.
YOU ARE ADDICTED.

Surprised Surprised Surprised

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice condition, Graham - is that a selenium metering cell at the top/front?
Oh, I found the Jupiter 8 takes a 40.5mm filter, so happily the hoods I bought for the Voigt lenses fit it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, congratulation. It looks minty. For 18 clams, that's money well spent indeed.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous! And nice price too. Looks like it is in prime condition. Can't wait to see some images coming down the pike!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, you stole this! I paid $80 for one in (hopefully) as good a shape!

Hummm, after a 2nd look at your photos, your camera looks newer! Wink

Just made a quick and dirty pic of mine, and I notice the timer lever on
yours is nicely appointed with some sort of accents:

Mine is plain jane metal.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both look good enough to display on a glass shelf Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Kiev Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Looks nice ! I stupidly sold mine a while back and I've regretted it ever since. But Graham, now your troubles will really start, 'cos you'll need a 35mm, then an 85mm, and maybe the 135mm as well, and - of course - the turret v/f. At least you can still them fairly cheaply - so better get going.

Smile
Well, I have the 35mm, 90mm, and 135mm, and mint condition copies at that, but the Jupiter-8 (50mm) stays on mine for at least 80% of the time. Perhaps it's the fact that I don't need a viewfinder with it, I don't know. But mostly it's because it has a gorgeous image quality.
(By the way, with the Contax it's even "worse", the 1.5/50 Sonnar stays on 100% of the time...)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of interesting replies, even some that have exposed my addiction Embarassed

I am already going through ebay looking for lenses, I think I owe it to this camera to find mint examples. My fear then would be that they are too good to use Laughing

Prices seem to vary from about 20 to 130 GBP for lenses, with no real clue as to the difference, other than sellers taking the piss Laughing

Either way, it has to wait a while. A big truck just took the side out of my car while I was at work Sad At least I have plenty of cameras to photograph the damage Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful looking camera Graham, congratulations on a bargain Wink

Sorry to hear about the car though Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Beautiful looking camera Graham, congratulations on a bargain Wink

Sorry to hear about the car though Crying or Very sad

It's just a car Wink If they'd hit my camera, there would have been bloodshed Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your trouble with car I also met with a pretty woman driver..
right side of my car keep her fingerprints damn it I have to visit insurance company and repair service too.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummerrrr

patrickh