Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is 49 mm thread mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: What is 49 mm thread mount Reply with quote

Anyone know? There is this Sonnar 180/2.8 for sale with 49 mm thread? First I thought it was typo but then it occurred to me that I have received somewhere a rear cap that was similar larger that m42. I measured it and it is about 5 cm.

Some medium format mount?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea, sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd one. Bronica was 57mm, Miranda (I think) was 44mm.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a typo for 39mm? that would make some sense

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a typo for 42 mm I think. And the "rear cap" seems to be some other cap, as I look closer. Someone has used it as a substitute for something. I received it with a batch that had lost of weird stuff but they were all camera-lens-related. Embarassed

I'll probably see the lens tomorrow and make a report if it indeed is 49 mm. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49mm filter thread i am sure. They do that mistake often :p, reading the diameter at the front, when there is a filter attached.. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonnar 180/2.8 is huge lens, it can't be filter thread. It has 86mm thread for filters.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Sonnar 180/2.8 is huge lens, it can't be filter thread. It has 86mm thread for filters.

Right. My brain has sundays off.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK. My brain is permanently off Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 it was indeed - Jena electric version. Not new but very good condition, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Is it a typo for 39mm? that would make some sense

I agree, makes more sense, I think some older RF used this 39mm screw mount, sometimes called Leica screw mount I believe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it is m42 - I had it in my hand. And believe me it was difficult to let go ..