Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus XA3 samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Olympus XA3 samples Reply with quote

Finally I managed to replace the seal in the XA3 and throw in a 12 shot roll from Schlecker, just to see if it was okay.

These are the samples:

Nice wide lens. Now I've to try with proper film.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Jes I think I really like this film! What film is it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was always told the XA3 was the crappy version. I can see from the photos that it's actually pretty damn good Very Happy

That's what I love about this forum, you learn that everything they told you in the magazines was crap Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Jes!
the #1 is superb, great reproduction of colors and contrast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It performs quite well, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Actually Jes I think I really like this film! What film is it?

It's sold at the Schlecker stores, very cheap. 200 ISO C41 film. In rolls of 12 shots (normally I get upto 15 shots from them). Iit costs 0,99€ per roll.

Pictures are unretouched (even levels or contrast) as shot by the camera.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Oh, I was always told the XA3 was the crappy version. I can see from the photos that it's actually pretty damn good Very Happy

That's what I love about this forum, you learn that everything they told you in the magazines was crap Laughing

Thanks for your comment, Graham.

You're rigth, it's not so bad Smile. Even having "only" a four elements Zuiko lens (instead of the six elements one in the XA) it does perform quite well. I found it's 35mm lens very adequate for landscaping.

Now I've to try the XA2 and the XA with the same film, to spot the differences.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrats Jes!
the #1 is superb, great reproduction of colors and contrast

Thanks, Poilu. It was a "quick and dirty" roll shot, just to see if the camera worked.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
It performs quite well, I think.

Yes, I got really surprised...
I'll be leaving tomorrow morning to southwestern France. My daugther is carrying the Oly 35RC, so we will compare both.

Regards,
Jes.