Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Germans I like.. oh, and a Japanese one too
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Some Germans I like.. oh, and a Japanese one too Reply with quote

edit: Fixed pic's URL (hopefully)

Last weeks I have playing around with some lenses in my collection and seeing the results, I think I have a weak spot for "Zee Germans"...

I used my family members as subjects since the weather was too bad to go outside...

1. My Elmarit-R 35mm f/2.8. I believe it is the first version, but I really like its rendering. I am definitely infected with the "L-virus" now, and I am not talking Canon here Smile

2. My all-time favourite, the Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.4. If you treat it right, it is just stunning. And beautiful skin tones...

3. The lens I was complaining about earlier due to its badbadbad green/magenta CA: the Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8. It is just wonderful for portraits. I can't part with it anymore.

4. A Japanese with some German character (methinks), the SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4. I should use this one more often, it is really nice.

Grtx!

Last edited by sir_c on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

”A Japanese with some German character (methinks), the SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4. I should use this one more often, it is really nice"

Great lens. Perhaps the German character comes from its double gauss optical scheme Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely child! I love the pictures!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shots !

Cheers Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those superb shots make a great case for each of those lenses

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first and last ones are not visible for me...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...nor me...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! Isabella is so cute she deserve best lens

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
...nor me...

... nor me ...

By the way ... great pics!