Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Twin Sisters from Wiseman Ridge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Twin Sisters from Wiseman Ridge Reply with quote

I was following a compass heading to enable me to bypass some cliffs, and luckily enough, I was able to squeeze up a snow chute in between two cliffy walls.

As I crested the ridge, this view opened up for me. The tarn was reflecting the warm rock on one of the buttresses of the mountain.

This is an area that shows no signs of humans - no footprints, no remnants of camps, nothing. I'm not so naive to think that no one else has been here, but there certainly was a fine feeling of intimacy and isolation on this beautiful ridge.

Alpine Tarn and Twin Sisters
Pentax 645
Pentax-A 45mm lens
Provia
f:8 and 1/100th

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breath-taking as usual, Larry. Its a pity that the high contrast has forced you to sacrifice the lower part. But still what can be seen above speaks to us of a natural paradise.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may have seen better pictures from you, but I believe we never have seen such a beautify landscape.

I love it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful.
You know the Yashicamat and Pentax 645 where really just so super for you.
So many incredible captures with those two Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all of you. This was a special view, having worked my way up through the fog layer, and then breaking out into the morning sunshine.

I definitely wish I would have had the forethought to at least take two exposures with the 645 and then blend them. I was pretty much out of breath and rather anxious to get off of the rather exposed terrain, so this became more of a snapshot than anything else.

Also, this would have been a good place for a 8x or even 10x GND filter. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you live on the same planet as the rest of us! so many beautiful shots from one person!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! So excellent! I would be there with my Bessa cameras LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
do you live on the same planet as the rest of us! so many beautiful shots from one person!

It's pretty straightforward - it simply takes effort and some routefinding to "find" these views. I guess one benefit of all that sweat dripping off my nose is that I can stay in some semblance of good physical condition.

There are many, many sweet places in Washington's mountains.

Thanks for the words, Hacksaw!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

With a little bit of time (maybe 3 days of hiking) there is no doubt that you could be there with your wonderful Bessa and 15mm lens outfit. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Attila wrote:

With a little bit of time (maybe 3 days of hiking) there is no doubt that you could be there with your wonderful Bessa and 15mm lens outfit. Laughing

I am too old for that Smile 3 hrs more than enough for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laurence wrote:
Attila wrote:

You are never too old! I am 60 years old, Attila!

It is a matter of taking your time and and enjoying the journey as much as the destination...no problem to "bite off" little bits of mileage at a time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Attila wrote:
Laurence wrote:
Attila wrote:

You are never too old! I am 60 years old, Attila!

It is a matter of taking your time and and enjoying the journey as much as the destination...no problem to "bite off" little bits of mileage at a time.

Yes, right! My bones, muscles was overused with 25 years sport. I hope I can walk hours but I am not sure at all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! laurence! this is a GREAT PICTURE!

One exceptional view with clouds and the lake in the front! Smile

tf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
wow! laurence! this is a GREAT PICTURE!

One exceptional view with clouds and the lake in the front! Smile

tf

Thank you tf! A compliment from you means much to me, as I feel you have a special gift of photography. Again, though...too bad I didn't take the time to shoot two exposures for blending. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila and anyone else who may have a doubt.
The Olympic range gives you the energy to go as many days as you have food for Wink
Every new Vista pulls you to the next and the next it is like a paradise.
I won't speak for Larry but I would guess that this is the reason he is in such great shape Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
The Olympic range gives you the energy to go as many days as you have food for Wink
I won't speak for Larry but I would guess that this is the reason he is in such great shape Very Happy

Surprised

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
F16SUNSHINE wrote:

Surprised

Andy, you nailed it! Cool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great mountain shot Laurence with a lot of mood, very enjoyable ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the shot the way it is. Without filters and stuff is the best you can do, using the shadows as a part of the composition with their diagonal movement.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the composition. Wery nice.