Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

High Alpine Landscapes SMC20/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: High Alpine Landscapes SMC20/2.8 Reply with quote

Some photographs from a tour to a place in the "Zentralalpen", the highest area of the Austrian alps which is about 30km from my home.

There goes a beautiful high mountain road through this mountain area. Once driven up one can do hundreds of high alpine mountain tours with any difficulty.
We did a tour near Großglockner on about 2600m above sealevel which was passing by the famouse Pasterze glazier.

My wife was looking for mountain crystals meanwhile I had some fun with my SMC20/2.8 ...

This SMC 20/2.8 is a great partner with landscape photagraphy, it always does what I want Smile ...

The full series with some more shots one can see in a Slideshow at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12447266@N05/sets/72157608425695720/show/

Cheers
Tobias[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splendid visit in such great place, the weather ideal (clouds?)
you master the 20mm and this one look excellent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fab series tobbsman. I love the variety of places we all live in and those Alps are magnificent.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fab series and beautiful landscapes!
The smc Pentax 20/2.8 seems a good performer!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos Tobbsman!
And perfectly executed, spot on exposure, composition etc.
The Takumar 20mm seems really a remarkable lens!
It get not much talk, but perhaps better this way, it will be easier to find it at low prices.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you all for your nice words !

@Orio
Quote:
The Takumar 20mm seems really a remarkable lens!
It get not much talk, but perhaps better this way, it will be easier to find it at low prices.

This lens which I am using is not a Takumar lens. It is a SMC A20/2.8. It was bought in 1986, there was a reciet of the buyer with it when I bought it on ebay last year.
It has no Autofocus but Auto-aperture control. However I am only using it full-manual. The Auto-aperture Mode with this particular lens is not working properly with my K10D, it always over-exposes. I feel much more control in manual mode.

Don't know if there is a Super (S.M.C.) Tak version of this lens. Often the lens formular is same with the PK versions.

Cheers
Tobias