Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Triumph Cars Club meeting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Triumph Cars Club meeting Reply with quote

Some photos from Triumph Cars Club of Finland meeting in Lappeenranta last Saturday. No PP, only resized.

First five pictures with a Zoom-Nikkor 50-135/3.5 AIS at f/8

The rest with a nice MC Zenitar-N 16/2.8 I bought from member Sichko.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned three of those cars:

A Triumph Spitfire that started to bend in the middle Confused

A Triumph Herald that kept snapping front stub axles - a known issue on those damn rusty heaps Laughing

And a triumph Stag, that I wrecked by trying to race a friend from the traffic lights and I lost control, wrapping it around a very sturdy lamp post Rolling Eyes

So much nostalgia, thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen any Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 Nostalgia Very Happy

I had two, a mark 1 spitfire and a dolomite - Real cars, if a bit rusty....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love the British build quality... Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I never seen any Shocked

Not surprising. To get to Hungary they would have to be shipped part way over the sea. By the time they got there, the salt in the air would have made them rust away to dust Laughing Laughing Laughing

They were shite build quality as already mentioned here Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Attila wrote:
I never seen any Shocked

Not surprising. To get to Hungary they would have to be shipped part way over the sea. By the time they got there, the salt in the air would have made them rust away to dust Laughing Laughing Laughing

They were shite build quality as already mentioned here Laughing

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff here pic 6 very graphic. I was going to say those are Alfas, but i forgot the title Laughing

A friend of mine owned an old Triumph in dark green "classic" color, with butterfly screw wheels. Superb piece of car, but i can't recall the exact model.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see, but like all the other Brits I am amazed they are still in one piece, and to think we used to mock Skodas and Ladas too! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd to see Triumphs with the wheel on the wrong side. I had a couple of 2000s, a couple of Heralds, and always fancied a GT6 - that was back when they were thirty quid for a runner with a bit of an MoT. Bangernomics.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Odd to see Triumphs with the wheel on the wrong side. I had a couple of 2000s, a couple of Heralds, and always fancied a GT6 - that was back when they were thirty quid for a runner with a bit of an MoT. Bangernomics.

Must have had some colonials swim across the pond to show their cars. I
saw a lot of these in my younger day (just like the Nash Metropolitan coupe)
but hardly see them now. I almost bought a Hillman Husky off a guy when I
was 20 years old. Gawd I'm glad I didn't! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really nice set of shots and I must admit I really do have a thing for 60's and 70's Triumphs,just a pity there are no Stags

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments.

British cars don´t have a good reputation here, but I wouldn´t mind a TR2 in British Racing green. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thanks for the memories... my best friend had a TR-3. We spent one summer going back and forth to the lake. Great fun and near death experiences...

That winter was just a series of Death Defying Hydroplanes...

Good times

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passanger of HYD36, remember to put you safety belt on. Very Happy Like that shot.