Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tilt/Shift Experiments by using Panorama stiching
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Tilt/Shift Experiments by using Panorama stiching Reply with quote

Tilt/Shift Experiments by using Panorama stiching ...

bigger Version:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/3049237421_9e5f9b2b05_o.jpg

A crop:

Here a bigger version 9000X.... :

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3166/3049079118_a708a45f7a_o.jpg

a weired example of perspective distorions:

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look great!

How many pictures? In the bigger flickr version I can see some seams in the first picture.

Tilt/shift... do you mean using a T/S lens? Can you tell what lens you used?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How many pictures? In the bigger flickr version I can see some seams in the first picture.Tilt/shift... do you mean using a T/S lens? Can you tell what lens you used?

Sorry, there was a bit less information today Smile

The doors photos have about 8-12 frames each. The farmers house is about 46 frames bacause I had to use a very close sooting point, because there was another farmers building just behind me.

I used a 50mm Ashai SMC f1.2 lens. A 20mm e.g. would have been to short because of the close distance to the building...
it would have made a lot of distortions wich would result in a resolution desaster.

All photos are stiched and postprocessed in Tilt/shift modus.

This technique allowd me e.g. to arrange the composition of the first photograph as it is: left door, middle tree, right bank.
I had to reposition my shooting-point some meters sidewise to achieve that, else the tree would be in the middle of the door.
Therefore the perspectives seem very weired due to the "shifting" usung the software.

This technique allowed me also to get horizontals and verticals "correct" in the farmers building shot and to shoot at all from such close position. Maybe with a fisheye lens I could have got it on a frame, but then I don't have to talk about resolution after a defishing process ... Wink

Quote:
I can see some seams in the first picture

Yes, this in not perfectly stiched at all, I have to check some control points there ...

Cheers
Tobias