Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 VS 90mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Tamron 72B Macro Reply with quote

Got one today with box, two adapters (Canon FD and Pentax K-A) along with mint box and Tamron soft pouch case for 65 dollars off Craig';s List.

Now waiting for batteries to charge to try it out on the Lumix G2 and the Pentax K5... Smile Happy New Year guys!

Doug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice buy for the new year!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 72B Macro Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Got one today with box, two adapters (Canon FD and Pentax K-A) along with mint box and Tamron soft pouch case for 65 dollars off Craig';s List.

Now waiting for batteries to charge to try it out on the Lumix G2 and the Pentax K5... Smile Happy New Year guys!

Doug

I follow pricing on these a bit. That's an outstanding price in my view. You are well below eBay. I've not seen the soft case. A hard Tamron case came with my 52B.

I paid $10 for my 52B. That price included a 2X Tamron teleconverter with case and an adapter. Both the lens and teleconverter were virtually new. I realize $10 sounds like a low price but it was not. It's because I bought my 52B in 2005. Prices for all MF lenses back then were a small fraction of what they are today.

I shudder to think where prices will be a few year from now. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel lucky I got my SP90 for £25 four years ago, as prices were shooting up for it, then.
Pure jamminess I spotted it in a dealer's online inventory just at the right time and it was so cheap I had to phone to confirm there hadn't been a mistake in pricing. In the next couple of months I got the 2Xconverter and the bare extension tube, but those were peanuts.