Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Especially good Tamron Adaptall II lenses Reply with quote

Hi!

No problem, I have two of them here. I'm afraid my fingers got ahead of my brain on this one. Still, a good lens. I'll correct it in the original post.

Thanks!

LucisPictor wrote:
glasslover wrote:

SP #01A 35-80mm f3.8-4.8-32 386g
Good all-around lens, light and with notably excellent macro functionality. Goes to 1:2.5 at 80mm. Surprisingly sharp, good handling, with very moderate weight. A bit flare-prone.

Sorry to correct you, but the 01A offers max. apertures f2.8-3.8.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Extension Tube [vs teleconverter] Reply with quote

Hi!

The #01F is a 2x teleconverter. The #18F is a fixed-length extension tube, 1:2->1:1 for the #52B/52BB lenses. For more detail, keep reading.

The #01F is a 2x flat-field teleconverter. It contains glass elements, so may degrade the image due to the light having to pass through more glass. It doubles the effective focal length of the lens it is used on, so for example a 100mm lens used with the #01F-or any 2x teleconverter-has the field of view and magnification properties of a 200mm lens. Also, used on any lens, a 2x teleconverter will cause loss of 2 stops of light (i.e. a maximum aperture of f2.8 without the #01F turns into a maximum aperture of f5.6 with it). Infinity focus is maintained.

The #18F is an extension tube that just happens to be exactly the right length to double the macro magnification of the 90mm f2.5 #52B/#52BB lenses, turning the 1:2 macro magnification of these lenses into 1:1. It has no glass elements, so there is no possibility of image degradation that way, though with an extension tube fitted, there is no possibility of reaching infinity focus; it is for macro use only. Like all extension tubes, there is light loss here as well, though I am unsure as to how much. I have read 1.5 to 2 stops for this one, depending on focal length of the lens it is used with. Perhaps someone else can give a more definitive answer. Also, this table might help, it's the least-complicated general source for extension tube light loss that I've found.

Cheers!

declan wrote:
I'm curious the different between tamron #18F Vs #01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Especially good Tamron Adaptall II lenses Reply with quote

glasslover wrote:
. Still, a good lens.

More than that! It's one of my favourites!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently acquired a 135mm f2.5... so far it has been just meh

I owned two 300mm f5.6, the 670Au Adapt-a-Matic and the CT-300 fixed mount series. I liked both of them and found them to be very sharp although contrast sometimes was a little lacking and CA was there on the CT-300, but nothing that couldn't be fixed in post processing. I ended up selling both for profit only because I got a Tair 3s which is better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents, Rolf. Wink

Those that I own.
My favorites are :
55B SP 8/500mm (but you have the leica isn't it ?)
01A SP 2.8-3.8/35-80mm
23A SP 3.8-5.4/60-300mm
Interesting on FF :
13A SP 3.5-3.8/24-48mm

Renowned I don't have :
52B SP 2.5/90mm macro
60B and 360B SP 2.8/300mm LD-IF
19AH SP 3.5/70-210mm

Have a nice day and walk. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just happened to have the 90mm on me on my way home tonight.
Jumped out of the car, wandered up a hill and snapped a few test shots for the purple hotspot.
Got a good one pointing more towards the light.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Extension Tube [vs teleconverter] Reply with quote

Thanks glass, and it's very informative explanation.

glasslover wrote:
Hi!

The #01F is a 2x teleconverter. The #18F is a fixed-length extension tube, 1:2->1:1 for the #52B/52BB lenses. For more detail, keep reading.

The #01F is a 2x flat-field teleconverter. It contains glass elements, so may degrade the image due to the light having to pass through more glass. It doubles the effective focal length of the lens it is used on, so for example a 100mm lens used with the #01F-or any 2x teleconverter-has the field of view and magnification properties of a 200mm lens. Also, used on any lens, a 2x teleconverter will cause loss of 2 stops of light (i.e. a maximum aperture of f2.8 without the #01F turns into a maximum aperture of f5.6 with it). Infinity focus is maintained.

The #18F is an extension tube that just happens to be exactly the right length to double the macro magnification of the 90mm f2.5 #52B/#52BB lenses, turning the 1:2 macro magnification of these lenses into 1:1. It has no glass elements, so there is no possibility of image degradation that way, though with an extension tube fitted, there is no possibility of reaching infinity focus; it is for macro use only. Like all extension tubes, there is light loss here as well, though I am unsure as to how much. I have read 1.5 to 2 stops for this one, depending on focal length of the lens it is used with. Perhaps someone else can give a more definitive answer. Also, this table might help, it's the least-complicated general source for extension tube light loss that I've found.

Cheers!

declan wrote:
I'm curious the different between tamron #18F Vs #01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rolf!

Beware of Lens Buying Addiction.... once you start buying Adaptall lenses, you will want them all Wink
I started with a cheap lens to get the PKA adapter and then bought the Tamron 80-210mm F/3.8-4 Model 103A ... then the Tamron SP 28-80mm F/3.5-4.2 Model 27A ... then i found a fabulous camera and lens kit in the local ads....

see post here: http://forum.mflenses.com/i-struck-gold-tamron-sp-lenses-t23613.html

and it looks like this:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, such a adaptall treasure

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ve got the chance (eBay) to get a Tamron 80-210 F/3.8-4 (Adaptall-2 mount) for 25€ plus shipping... do you think it´s a good deal?
I´ve seen offers on the 15-20 € range but I´m not very confident about the quality.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ir's not a bad deal.
This zoom has a good quality. it is well built and has over average image quality.
The 103A model is better than the 03A.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulozzz wrote:
Hi Rolf!

Beware of Lens Buying Addiction.... once you start buying Adaptall lenses, you will want them all Wink
I started with a cheap lens to get the PKA adapter and then bought the Tamron 80-210mm F/3.8-4 Model 103A ... then the Tamron SP 28-80mm F/3.5-4.2 Model 27A ... then i found a fabulous camera and lens kit in the local ads....

see post here: http://forum.mflenses.com/i-struck-gold-tamron-sp-lenses-t23613.html

and it looks like this:

Thanks for your post. Great collection and nicely presented. I do not get LBA because I have this illness already, but more with Leica lenses. So adaptall is only for my Pentax cam where I look around for 1 or 2 special lenses. In the meantime I found the 55b so now I'm searching mainly for the type 19AH.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rolf!

I have added the 19H SP70-210/3.5 to my collection and it's a fabulous lens, it handles very nicely and is super smooth to operate. No zoom crawl, even if the push/pull movement is very light. Try to find one that comes with the original hood as it is part of the design. I was lucky enough to spot both lens and hood at the same time on Ebay, but buying the hood afterwards may be hard to find. By design, the hood is short at 70 and adjusts to focal lenght as you zoom to 210. Expect to pay at least $100 US for the lens in good condition.
About the kit in the picture, i sold the 17mm wich i did not need and sold my 500mm/8 Tokina mirror lens i had prior to buying this kit.... turned out i made money, so a good investment Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the additional infos. Seems the 3.5/70-210 is more rare or with other word the 3.8-4/70-210 and others are more common. Thanks for the price indication.

Wink