Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 80-210mm f3.8-4.8 103
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Tamron 80-210mm f3.8-4.8 103 Reply with quote

One of the cheapest lens on market. Not an SP version.
Taken with Nikon D50.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the birds look angry, or at least irritated. Very Happy Maybe they are accustomed to more classy lenses...

Seriously, the lens performance is not impressive. Besides, the white birds look overexposed, the metering is not working on a D50 with MF lenses, am I right?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, D50 has no metering. I think this is rather mater of taste than metering problem with DSLR, I like these pictures and lens performance too.

Last edited by Attila on Sun May 24, 2009 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 103A is among the most under-rated lenses on the planet. SO cheap to buy, but such great performance. I have the 03A and that is very impressive, the 103A is even better.

I had so many of these, I started giving them away as a free gift when I sold lenses on ebay. It got rid of them all really quick, and added to the nice feedback comments Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Cool idea !

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I think the 103A is among the most under-rated lenses on the planet. SO cheap to buy, but such great performance.

Agreed - I've gone through quite a few that came with mounts I wanted and have kept the best example. A great budget elns

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite lenses, still. I have both 70-210 SP models, but the 103A is still lighter and constantly performs. I love it! Not as much as cake, but I still love it Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 103A is a definite unsung hero, but I think there's a bit of copy variation - I've seen results from them every bit as good as its SP brother, and sometimes it isn't as good as it should be.