Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 30A (80-200/2.8) and 01F (x2) on K100D again
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Tamron 30A (80-200/2.8) and 01F (x2) on K100D again Reply with quote

More shots with the zoom Tamron 30A (80-200/2.8) and the teleconverter 01F (x2). Constrast and color adjustment in all shots (expecially constrast because the scenes had a low contrast and because the teleconverter tends to reduce contrast).

Egretta garzetta, f16, 1/500s, 200ISO

Emberiza schoeniclus (male), f19, 1/125s, 200ISO

Emberiza schoeniclus (female), f19, 1/90s, 200ISO

Anser anser, f16, 1/350s, 200ISO

Casmerodius albus, f16, 1/500s, 200ISO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catches! I think lens and Tc quite disappointment. I did expect sharper and more detailed result.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots! I like the second picture most!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the comments.

Attila, I found a lot chromatic aberrations in white far away subjects, I think that should be the major cause for the loss of sharpness. In the case of the close subject (2nd shot) the focus is a bit wrong, unfortunately I managed to take only a few shots of that nice passerine.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always doubt about zooms even best ones like this. Closer subject is easier for most lenses , you went to a very nice place I wish to see more captures from there if you have time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want more samples without the TC Smile
Especially low-ISO + flash support if possible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice catches! I think lens and Tc quite disappointment. I did expect sharper and more detailed result.

I guess the problem is the 2XTC, when I mount it on SP 70-210/3.5-4 it gives muddy photos which aren't attractive even with flash support so I guess TC should be used if taking photo is essential without the concern of photo quality. 1.4TC is not that much problem.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:
Attila wrote:

I guess the problem is the 2XTC, when I mount it on SP 70-210/3.5-4 it gives muddy photos which aren't attractive even with flash support so I guess TC should be used if taking photo is essential without the concern of photo quality. 1.4TC is not that much problem.

I agree I had same experience with 2TC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
yalcinaydin wrote:
Attila wrote:

I agree I had same experience with 2TC.

So I need a 1,4TC too Laughing

In the next days I'll take some indoor shoots with on-camera flash.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great results, 2nd shot is outstanding for my taste ...

Cheers
Tobias