Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 35mm f/4 (Asahi's first wideangle)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Takumar 35mm f/4 (Asahi's first wideangle) Reply with quote

ome shots with Asahi's first wideangle for the 35mm format (and probably also the first 35mm SLR wideangle from Japan), which dates from 1958-1959. This is a full-manual lens, so not even pre-set. It's fairly rare because it was quickly replaced with the slightly faster (and reportedly better) 35mm f/3.5 Takumar.

The close-up shots are all wide open, the landscape shots are at f/8. Of course, there's zero CA in this not so fast lens.

Enjoy! !

Last edited by Spotmatic on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice really nice! Congrats for this rare bird!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous, this is the missing 35mm Takumar in my collection, I already miss two of them on ebay gone for approximatively 50€, when I didn't have enough money to put in...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are really fantastic shots- my faves are #3 and 4 - and it really makes my heart glad to see this old glass in use now, probably with better results than the designers ever dreamed of.

Truly, this is a perfect example of what our hobby... erm... obsession... is all about.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My jealousy prevents me from truly enjoying these, Peter, but that last
shot is fantastic! Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand images! Simply fantastic colors, and the crispness is very apparent with that 135! And...WONDERFUL photography.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures look nice, seems like a nice lens. But are you sure about it being the first wideangle from Japan? I think that some of the pre-AI Nikkor wides such as the 2.8/35 are earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The pictures look nice, seems like a nice lens. But are you sure about it being the first wideangle from Japan? I think that some of the pre-AI Nikkor wides such as the 2.8/35 are earlier.

But the Nikon F is from 1959 and the 35mm f/4 Takumar was first sold in 1958, so how can those Nikkor lenses be earlier?

Edit: Frank Mechelhoff states on his page about early Takumar lenses that the 35mm f/4 Takumar was even introduced in 1957. http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Pentax_Takumar_e.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Peter

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Great Peter

patrickh

Patrick, if I might modify this:

Peter the Great

Wink Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing