Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tak 50/1.4 and Lee ND grad
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Tak 50/1.4 and Lee ND grad Reply with quote

First shot with my new K20D from a yesterdays skiining tour ...

- Lee Neutral Density Graduate Filter (soft) used upside-down (I mean the dark part of the filter was down)

- F22 at ISO 100, because it was snowing heavily at the moment of shooting.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on your new camera!!! i really like the IQ of the 20d ive seen on this forum, and i like the combo w the super taks very much. this is a very nice image. i am curious about your choice of f22 as a matter of my own education, what do you feel you got in this picture from f22 that would be different from, lets say, f8?
tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony for your comment.

Cencerning your question:
It was snowing heavily at the moment of shooting. If I would have choosen a wider apperture e.g. f8 I would have got a faster shutter speed, let's say about 1/200 - so the snow-flocks would have been "frozen" in the photograph.
With choosing the smallest apperture and the lowest ISO I forecome the frozen snowflocks, because I got a shutter speet from about 0.6 sec..
The result is that actually one doesn't see the snow in the photograph ...

Cheers
TObias

Last edited by tobbsman on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! I guess this is great time to pickup some B&W film and go around with film camera. What you think ? I am thinking about this ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i didnt realize that, very interesting!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice one! I guess this is great time to pickup some B&W film and go around with film camera. What you think ? I am thinking about this ...

Do it.

Get an orange or red filter for dark moody skies. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i shoot mostly b&w all winter; love the red filter w high contrast. this yr, because of new 5d i just got, will be shooting more color than normal...am liking the new camera (only 2nd day) but a little bummed that it doesnt have live view so when shooting b&w i still see color. on my old sony a100 i saw b&w when i shot that or sepia when i shot that (not often!)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tobias,

nice shot and a good idea with the ND filter. Do you have a dealer in Austria or do you imported the Lee filter by yourself from USA. Tried to get these Lee filters in Germany too but it is not so easy.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Quote:

Yes Attila, definitly since long I want to give film shooting it a try.

The only film camera which I have home is a ZEINIT 12XP camera. I only have it because the dealer didn't want to sell the Helios lens without the camera Wink

All my M42 lenses fit on the cam, but I don't know if the camera itself is worth to shoot. Do you know about this camera-type ?

Which B&W film would you recomand ?

@Rolf
I got the whole Lee system from my local camera store here. It had heavy signs of use but it is working properly. I got severals filters with it: some ND and ND grad. filters, polfilter etc. ... which I have to check out still.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE one, Tobias..

It's like from fairy tale ...

I would suggest FOMA 100 B&W film ..

tf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias

Your shots are always stunning

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ft and patrick for commenting

@ft
is this the film what you mean:
Foma Fomapan 100, Kleinbildfilm 35m, 135-36, ISO 100/21° 2,20Euro

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no much clue about B&W films , but I heard good things about Foma.

Zenit cameras are good as than any "top" ones if they works.I hope yours in working condition give it a try for her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That photo is Xmas card worthy. Nice one!

Oh, a word about Foma....It's cheap! Laughing I've yet to sample it, but Hexi is the man to speak to. He produces some class work with it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one is best for this kind of subject Martin ? I mean nice contrasty with minimal grains. I saw B&W slides from Larry it is amazed me. I hope he will read it and let us know which one.