Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sushi Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Sushi Time Reply with quote

Very long time ago, I made some Sushi today. When I was living in Holland I made Sushi every week, due to great access to a broad and fresh fish selection. Here in Austria it's really difficult to get nice fish, crabs, musslels, caviar etc ...

just a simple shot from the today's selection Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks delicious!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not do sushi, but that is a beautiful product shot ...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make your own? Impressive. I think this is a slice of heaven: obtain ingredients (including camera equipment), assemble, shoot, eat, show off photos Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reactions!

Quote:
I think this is a slice of heaven: obtain ingredients (including camera equipment), assemble, shoot, eat, show off photos Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
You hit that nail right on the head!

you forgot the "Burgenländischer" white wine between eat and show off photos (I had no Saké in house).

... sushi making is indeed a kind of ceremony/rutual Wink
I try to make each time a new composition:
today it was:
teriyaki chicken with avocado, seasamy, japanese mayonaise, cucumber
and surimi crab. see left top.
I can recomand it a lot Laughing Laughing

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that you are a perfect cook too. Great shot.

BTW If you will go to Hamburg in the future you should plan a visit at Hensler & Hensler at the old fish market. Stefan Hensler is one of the best sushi maker around the world. Otherwise you would miss something.

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love sushi.
I have a friend that makes them himself. It's not difficult.