Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stitched film pano
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Stitched film pano Reply with quote

As an experiment I shot a two-frame pano on 35mm film (Nikon F with 28mm f3.5 Nikkor-H and Kodak 200ISO film) and have tried to stitch it in Photoshop. Trying to match the colours ahead of stitching did some nasty stuff to the image quality (especially the detail on the lighthouse wall), since getting consistent colour out of a cheap scanner seems to be near impossible.

Anyway, here is Rethymnon's old harbour after all the tourist tavernas have shut their doors for winter.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try autopano or if you don't have it send me two parts in small resolution is enough 1024pxs and let we see I believe that is lot better software for this than PS.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great that it does work !
Film-Pano, that's my goal for the future Laughing Laughing

As Attila said, try to stich with Autopano, it handles colors pretty well too.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I tried it first in Hugin, which is pretty good at colours, but for some reason the program wasn't reading it. I might give it another go.

I have stitched medium format negs successfully in the past, but not 35mm.

(Just for info, the Photoshop CS, which I used for this, is lousy at stitching, but PS CS4 is fabulous, I got some really good results from files that Hugin couldn't manage at all).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got Hugin to do it much better - I think I entered an invalid number into the lens data last time. It only took a few seconds:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot from a familiar place Cool