Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spiratone 6.3/400 with TC sold for AU$483 (US$417.51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Spiratone 6.3/400 with TC sold for AU$483 (US$417.51) Reply with quote

Shocked 38 bids

Click here to see on Ebay

I'd be soooo embarrassed if someone bid that much on one of mine! What's with? Seller described T-mount lens as Canon EOS mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People get crazy on eBay....I see stuff going for much more than it's worth all the time....I even see people pay more for a used item than what they can get it for new with a warranty (like a 50mm F1.8 AF lens)...Like P.T.Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute" (well many people have said that P.T.Barnum said it, although that's subject to dispute)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid people believe this seller, who almost said that a Canon L is less sharp than this slow lens... For this price we can easily get a 400/5.6 lens, or even find a Takumar 400/4 which is really sharp and fast Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people pay $70USD for a common Helios 44-2 in a HK auction site.Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Spiratone 6.3/400 with TC sold for AU$483 (US$417.51) Reply with quote

siriusdogstar wrote:
Shocked 38 bids

I'd be soooo embarrassed if someone bid that much on one of mine! What's with? Seller described T-mount lens as Canon EOS mount.

A well-presented auction with plenty of pictures. It's an absolute necessity to show some good quality pics taken with the lens for sale to maximise the price.

Otoh, I've a feeling the highest bidder or two might not have read the description fully and is expecting an AF lens. Buyer remorse might follow for such a crazy price even if they knew what they were getting.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I thought it was crazy when I sold a Soligor 350mm for £100!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller is making too much money selling these <US$50 T-mount lens plus 2X TC and T2-EOS adapter:

AU$620.00 (US$580.3Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Stupid people believe this seller, who almost said that a Canon L is less sharp than this slow lens... For this price we can easily get a 400/5.6 lens, or even find a Takumar 400/4 which is really sharp and fast Rolling Eyes

+1

I bought my Konica 40cm f4.5 converted to Nikon mount around 250 USD..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, he makes good money on this Surprised
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=marjfra&&iid=220665327738&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

And most of it is announced as CANON EOS EF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220639817190

Another ... we should open a shop there and sell all garbage what we have

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can people believe that a such lens is sharper than a Canon L ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the way the ad is written. He's got pages of these sold at outrageous prices.
I think his highest was a Cambron 500mm f8 for $785 AU.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this guy must be earning tonnes of money.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he uses the motto of a famous man.
P.T. Barnum "There's a sucker born every minute."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
I believe he uses the motto of a famous man.
P.T. Barnum "There's a sucker born every minute."

Laughing Why he didn't get negative feedbacks after cheating ... these lenses maker crappy pictures really.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently bought a spiratone minitel 500/8.0 mirror lens, T mount, for around $50usd, and i am willing to bet i get better results than can be gotten on this lens.

btw, am very happy with the minitel--very unexpected high degree of sharpness for mirror and totally hand-hold-able.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a copy of this and when I will sell the next time a lens at *bay I will try this out as a test to see what will happen.

Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading that guy's ad, I am convinced that he's one of those folks who could sell ice cubes to eskimos. He's preying on the public's gullibility. I'm reminded of P.T. Barnum and his famous quote -- "There's a sucker born every minute." (oops, Walter beat me to it Cool )