Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Something for the laugh, AGFA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:16 am    Post subject: Something for the laugh, AGFA Reply with quote

I can't even figure out is it camera or the poster: Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Something for the laugh, AGFA Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

I think 'Poster' refers to the decorated case. (something I've seen with other models)
It would be extremely expensive for just a print of thing Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some one who used leather rather than tapestry on old cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

Great, 40% off!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Something for the laugh, AGFA Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

I think 'Poster' refers to the decorated case. (something I've seen with other models)

After scrutinous look it seems flowers quickly painted on original clothing. Well it is not cheap even as real camera, missing parts and most probably faulty in every way possible Smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Something for the laugh, AGFA Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
DConvert wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

After scrutinous look it seems flowers quickly painted on original clothing. Well it is not cheap even as real camera, missing parts and most probably faulty in every way possible Smile.

The few Agfa cameras I've grabbed were all under £5, but seemed to be basically working (probably pinholes in the bellows & in need of cleaning...) To be honest I think I'd prefer my £3 'Billy Record' to this one - the flower paint job does nothing positive IMO, & moving up to medium format is a bonus!
Friends

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% of those AGFAs have focusing glued. And near impossible to repair. Unscrewing means holding that thin brass edges with special tool. Pressing bit to much bents it or cracks glass inside.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But 40% off! Funny. You do see some ridiculous prices on ebay, that's for sure. There is a 5 lens set of Canon lenses up now for only 350 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Cheap at twice the price!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
But 40% off! Funny. You do see some ridiculous prices on ebay, that's for sure. There is a 5 lens set of Canon lenses up now for only 350 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Cheap at twice the price!

There's a used Minolta AF 35-80 f4-5.6 for a mere £10,000,000 at the moment; that's about $13,000,000. With a broken bayonet mount (more than 10 available you'll be pleased to know; I hope they all have the same bayonet fault otherwise that is a case of misselling).

I have to assume those are fat-finger typos; otherwise I can't even see the point of those auctions. Even if someone accidentally pressed the buy button the payment would almost certainly fail.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

There's a used Minolta AF 35-80 f4-5.6 for a mere £10,000,000 at the moment; that's about $13,000,000. With a broken bayonet mount (more than 10 available you'll be pleased to know; I hope they all have the same bayonet fault otherwise that is a case of misselling).

I have to assume those are fat-finger typos; otherwise I can't even see the point of those auctions. Even if someone accidentally pressed the buy button the payment would almost certainly fail.

Money laundering by the stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

Certainly it's not hard to break the mount on good ones to get £10 million. Still it's not a lens I find tempting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a pretty good lens...for 25 dollars.