Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shooting a gig with the Super Reflecta 55/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Shooting a gig with the Super Reflecta 55/1.4 Reply with quote

Now this is something I hadn't tried yet! We have some excellent local bands in Southampton and these guys are no exception. I'd normally take the 30D along to shoot something with higher ISO, but I was trying to persuade a mate to buy a cheap DSLR, so took the Sony a200. He subsequently purchased a Canon 450D Laughing

All shots were taken at ISO1600 (bar one I think) and wide open at f1.4. I think this is Tomioka, but who knows?

My very good friend Alan was also there with his 5D and a couple of rather expensive L lenses, and his shots were rather less grainy Laughing But I kinda like the grain in black in white Smile A colour shot from the a200 looks like this, still pretty good:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of them very much, but I prefer the last color shoot ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I´m too !

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks real good for ISO1600, nice work.