Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rolleinar 135/2.8 MC (Rollei-QB)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Rolleinar 135/2.8 MC (Rollei-QB) Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay --> 16GBP / 29.60USD
My max bid was 41GBP and I was expecting it to raise when I went to sleep but when I woke up I just saw that it was ended with with price that was when I had slept: 16GBP.
Not enough photos but he said: "All surfaces are quite clean, no fungus or scratches that I can see."

I call this is a steal and very hapy right now cause this is one of the best 135/2.8 lenses out there as Paul states and I'm adding the test results that show that it is near the Contax performance and better than the much more expensive Leica (150-200USD), Nikon, Canon and Pentax. I can sell this one in Turkey or can use with a crop body that I'm planning to buy or a New-year present for my friend Smile

Full size: http://flickr.com/photos/yalcinaydin/2888762695/sizes/o/

Last edited by yalcinaydin on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for this bargain!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably one of the not well known great lenses.
My first test shots, all indoor so not great colors, you can check the shapness which is great and nice bokeh. They are all full resolution RAW to 100% quality JPG files:

whole set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yalcinaydin/sets/72157607509023705/

I'll take night photos with this beauty this night.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great quality! nice to be able to see the whole pic on flickr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lens that performa as well as a Elmarit 2.8/135 cannot be a bad one!
Congratulations!

P.S.: Where did you get these interesting test sheets from?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
A lens that performa as well as a Elmarit 2.8/135 cannot be a bad one!
Congratulations!

P.S.: Where did you get these interesting test sheets from?

Paul had scanned from his magazine archieve and sent me (I've bought 4 Rolleis from him via the forum's marketplace), he said that there were more but they were in the attic, hard to reach Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, OK. Thanks. Let's hope that Paul uses a Saturday afternoon to get these magazines from the attic. I would even pay him for interesting tests. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Ah, OK. Thanks. Let's hope that Paul uses a Saturday afternoon to get these magazines from the attic. I would even pay him for interesting tests. Wink

He said that there are boxes full of old magazines Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Yalcin!
I took my 5D and Rollei Distagon 35 out with a mirror disappointment.
If you remember we had conversations about adapters.
The 35 worked very well with the adapter that does not find infinity.
The one that does find infinity the mirror hits the lenses housing within 2 meters of focus distance. Sad
So I think the best idea is to have one of each adapters for use with wide lenses.
The Rollei lenses seem equal to the AE contax lenses. It is nice to see you take advantage of the low cost and high value Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bargain Yalcin Well done

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the test shots of my new project named "Post-nuclear Beauty"

# Canon EOS 5D@ISO100,1/200,M mode
# Rolleinar 135/2.8@4
# Right of the camera Sunpak 433@1/8 power, behind a Translucent umbrella

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I used it in sports and it really satisfied me.

Whole set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yalcinaydin/sets/72157608519150927/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like my mamiya sekor SX, also a great lens, super sharp at 2.8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
looks like my mamiya sekor SX, also a great lens, super sharp at 2.8

Yes, Nikon D. It looks like your mamiya lens because are the same lens (same design).

I had the rolleinar (mamiya) 2,8/135. Very good lens for me. And now I have a mamiya 2,8/135 TL version and are the same lenses too.The rolleinar more contrast, no more.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Very Happy I actually have that Mamiya somewhere, It's just a lens that I've forgotten about... Smile Have to finish that conversion! I'll try to do it this weekend... If it's really this good then I can drop the purchasing plans for the Contax 135/2.8. I think I actually have an old testpic, with the lens just held in front of my Nikon... Wait...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it...! Very Happy

Here's a testpicture, lens is handheld in front of a Nikon Body. Now I remember why I kept it... hehe.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this message is outdated and deleted!

Last edited by Aykman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... very good picture quality!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aykman wrote:

If you need any help with german photo magaznes and infos......feel free to contact me. I am a photo & film lens nerd Smile

cheers

Aykman
Germany

Thanks a lot Aykman Wink
I got an invitation from one of the biggest pc related internet sites of Turkey that wants to open a photography section to be an editor and wrote the first one with a caption "Using MF Lenses on DSLR". The best part is they also formed a translation section and all the stuff will be also translated into English Wink I'm planning to write basic experience based reviews of both AF and MF lenses, and also some general things like 'Macro Photography' and 'Concert Photography'.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:

I got an invitation from one of the biggest pc related internet sites of Turkey that wants to open a photography section to be an editor and wrote the first one with a caption "Using MF Lenses on DSLR". The best part is they also formed a translation section and all the stuff will be also translated into English Wink I'm planning to write basic experience based reviews of both AF and MF lenses, and also some general things like 'Macro Photography' and 'Concert Photography'.

Good to hear!
No wonder that you are so busy recently.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:

Good to hear!
No wonder that you are so busy recently.

Not exactly Alex Smile
I had my 2nd surgery from my shutter finger last Thursday and the right hand is in plaster that makes my writing very slow so I'm not using msn lately, will be back next week Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this message is outdated and deleted!

Last edited by Aykman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aykman wrote:
Gratulations, Yalcin!

Today I bought approx. 60 issues of the german COLOR FOTO Magazine and 35 FOTOMAG issues from 1976 -1981. If I find some useful information about Rollei Lenses i will post it here.

cheers

Aykman

Ooo! I won't say no to the scans of the test pages Smile