Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

regarding ferndowncameras, page 2, thanks O_O
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashy wrote:
where do all the feedbacks come from? what should I do now Shocked

A lot of his feedback looks suspiciously home-grown. I was burned twice, the first time putting it down to random bad luck, the second the realisation that I was dealing with an eBay seller I should have avoided like the black death. I did eventually get a refund cheque, which appeared to be drawn with thick crayon, but I got stiffed for postage in all directions. There is no way on earth he could have tested the lens attachments as he'd claimed, because they turned out to be TLR accessories, and not Yashica rangefinder accessories.

I hope, as everyone here does, that your buy turns out OK, since a few here have also reported satisfactory deals, but your watchword henceforth should be caveat emptor, and you should equip yourself with a ten-foot bargepole for next time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Meyer Lydith. Not sure why it gets a bashing.

The 24mm Tokina comes in a couple of varieties. The RMC with 52mm filter thread is nothing special.

I've an Ensinor which Shrek pointed out is very good. Although its days may be numbered as I have a 24mm Tak on its way when the post decides to deliver it.

Ferndown seems to have mainly positive feedback so keep your fingers crossed that it is a serviceable lens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashy wrote:
JESUS CHRIST, the Chinon 35mm f/2.8 I mentioned I bought off ebay yesterday is by ferndowncameras

http://forum.mflenses.com/ebay-seller-ferndowncameras-keith-rocks-new-outfit-t14855.html

is he really that bad Shocked where do all the feedbacks come from? what should I do now Shocked

You should wait the delivery and see how is the lens.

I received a Tamron SP 24-70mm from him a few days ago and the lens was just fine.

I hope it will be the same for you. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Ferndown seems to have mainly positive feedback so keep your fingers crossed that it is a serviceable lens.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for him too. But as to feedback, have a trawl through it, especially the earliest feedback, and note how the same feedback comment, right down to the capitalised words and number of exclamation marks, appear to come from different eBay identities, and how often the same comment comes in dozens from accounts that are no longer registered. One account posted the comment "camera is good A++++" dozens of times within the space of a few minutes, a pattern that is not unusual with this seller. Another account has been used to spray a heap of "A1" positives every thirty seconds or so. Still another has been used to dump a pile of "Goods as advertised. Good seller." comments, once again, every thirty seconds or so for quite a number.

All that these feedback comments say to me is "SUSPICIOUS".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashy wrote:
JESUS CHRIST, the Chinon 35mm f/2.8 I mentioned I bought off ebay yesterday is by ferndowncameras

http://forum.mflenses.com/ebay-seller-ferndowncameras-keith-rocks-new-outfit-t14855.html

is he really that bad Shocked where do all the feedbacks come from? what should I do now Shocked

You will get it relax, Rocky is perfect seller he sell everything cheaply,but he need to get some money too... I bought many times from him trouble free, but need a bit luck of course, always sell cheaply and earn some money all together not easy.. so sometimes people loose against him. Rocky have one way what people love it I have different way what people not much love it. If you don't like what is he doing next time pay a bit more and you will have less risk.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You will get it relax, Rocky is perfect seller

Ooooohh, maybe, but if Rocky is the "perfect seller", I'd hate to encounter who you think is the worst!

Quote:
he sell everything cheaply

It's an auction, it's the buyers who set the price...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, right Alex. Many people count only final price , nothing else. For them Rocky is a perfect seller always cheap. Just look how many buyer he have.
No free bread anywhere , including on auctions. Looking always bargain risky business, Rocky perfectly know it and serve people's dream very well.
If I buy very cheap I always count with cheating. Sometimes I am lucky sometimes I am not. He has place , people want him Smile

Last edited by Attila on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Attila.
The old saying always applies: "If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is".
But unfortunately a lot of people still falls inside this trap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he still is no good...if you are aware of his cunning ways then yes you can get a bargan or not.But for the new and unknowing whom he decides to rip off he should have a warning sign.. Laughing
being cheap does not justify his ways Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
I think he still is no good...if you are aware of his cunning ways then yes you can get a bargan or not.But for the new and unknowing whom he decides to rip off he should have a warning sign.. Laughing
being cheap does not justify his ways Sad

Look his feedbacks not only new comers buy from him I am pretty sure.
Rocky like Tesco he is sell in mass volume in fact one of the biggest seller on Ebay, cheap , some item is good some less good.... Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes people have to read his feedback and choose for themselves...I always read the feedback and work out what I will do from there. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocky is a cheap crook who will stiff you if he has a chance. You are frankly better off gambling on the horses or similar - I cannot agree with Attila because he likes to take inexperienced people to the cleaner. He has no honesty - not a bone of it. This is not a "style of business" - it's the modus operandi of a person with crooked intent.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocky isn't "cheap" other than in the less than kind sense. He doesn't sell "cheap" -- it's auctions, not 'buy-it-now' sales that he does. That gives him no price advantage over anyone else. As to repeat custom, there may be that from those who've not had the same level of dissatisfaction as others ; but as I drew attention to earlier, much of that 'repeat custom' is very suspicious looking. When exactly the same feedback comment (right down to peculiar punctuation) comes from a multitude of different account names, you have to be suspicious. When exactly the same feedback comment comes repeated in dozens at intervals of a few seconds, you have to be suspicious. He bans buyers who won't leave him positive feedback, and has done so since eBay allowed buyers to leave neutral and negative comments, and for the reasons, you have to be suspicious. He has had to change his account name at least three times ; and for the reasons, you have to be really suspicious. Good luck to those who get a good deal -- it's no more than they should have. But to those who haven't dealt with him, and come to forums like this for advice on buying, then caveat emptor has to be written here in very large and flashing letters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be people who buy off him, get a dud copy and don't care to complain because they would probably get negative buyer feedback too. Relatiation for buyer sincerity is one of the things I don't like about auctions as I've had my share of that too, but that's another story..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it's important to warn people.
I didn't notice that he changed its ebay name and bought a Tamron SP zoom from him.
After that, I had cold swet when reading comments here. Finally I received the lens very quickly and in very good condition. It's true that it was risky as there are no precise descriptions and only one photo. Maybe I was lucky. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
hinnerker wrote:

Wrong information for the A/M Switch...

the Yashinon DS-M 2.8/24mm has also an A-M Switch... did have nearly the complete range from 24mm to 200mm Yashinon DS-M.
Only the 1.4/50mm DS-M lack the A/M Switch...

I am searching for the picture in archive for showing that and are going to post this later on.

Cheers
Henry

That's great news - I didn't know this, as all the DS-M's I've seen or owned lack the switch. It's a really good series of lenses, often cheap.

Do post the picture when you find it - I'm eager to see!
ness

OT MODE ON

Hallo Nesster

.. slightly OT but here are the Images from AM Switch of the
Yashinon DS-M 2.8/24mm i did sell some weeks ago.
The switch is very small underneath the aperture rind.. mostly you cant
see him if you dont look carefully.

Cheers
Henry

OT MODE OFF