Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reasonable Price for a Jupiter-3 and what's this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reasonable Price for a Jupiter-3 and what's this? Reply with quote

I've came across someone selling a Jupiter-3 and Jupiter-11, both Alu versions and M39. I've not seen many of these around so I'm not sure how to estimate it's worth and what to offer. Also are there any known issues with M39 to M42 -> EOS?

Also I was wondering what this is on the photo of the guy selling it, on the glass. Is it a weird reflection or maybe fungus?

Thanks.[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that one too Wink

It's no fungus; any lens will show that optical "thing" when held in a certain angle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasonable Price for a Jupiter-3 and what's this? Reply with quote

JWH wrote:
Also are there any known issues with M39 to M42 -> EOS?

Yes, you will be able to use the lenses only for macro shots. They are rangefinder lenses: their registration distance is too short for any reflex camera.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter-3 locally going around 50-100 USD, well regarded lens and damn rare I saw once. I don't know how much on Ebay. Unusable on SLR cameras don't take if you have no RF camera.Interesting perhaps for Panasonic G-1 owners too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right! I wasn't aware of that. No use for me to go after it then Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the money you'll save just buy a Leica m9... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the M39 rangefinder lenses be used on the Panasonic G1 and focus to infinity?