Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Q1 in CZJ
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh....O see.

And the blank in the domiplan is for "still not described". Shocked

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tester was possibly so disgusted by the results, rather he left it blank Idea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very possible. All the domiplans that I had in the past, were Bad. Perhaps any sharp at F/11 (and better F/16 at the open shadow and in the total dark, far better).

May be better than the blank, the "-1" Laughing

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the "S" can mean "schlecht" ~ crappy in English Very Happy

But I really have no idea. I didn't test the Primagon yet, it arrived today.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, good luck with it.

Post the pics!! Twisted Evil

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recieved next "s" marked Meyer lens - pre-set Primoplan V 58/1.9. It seems, that it isn't as rare, as I thought.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I immediately thought of this topic when I was reading "Zeiss Compendium, East and West 1940-1972" by Marc James Small and Charles M. Barringer, Hove Photo Books, 2nd. Edition, 1995, ISBN 1 874707 24 3:

Quote:

Prime Quality Symbols

In an effort to salvage whatever market position they might make from the Zeiss name, the East German concerns which had taken over Jena and Dresden began a selective-quality campaign in the late 1940's. The first effort may have only been advertising hype, but it was claimed that the early Contax SLR's under "CONSOL" name were of specially selected grade. This persisted into the 1950's.
At that time, a more uniform system was adopted. Goods intended for sale in Western markets were subjected to intense quality-control measures and those which passed were entitled to a special engraving, an intertwined "1-and-Q" mark, known as the primarqualität symbol. Items whose quality was of a slightly lesser grade were given a 1 or 2 within a triangle.
The quality control was administered by the Office of Material and Product Testing of the German Democratic Republic. The campaign started in the mid-1950's and continued for more than two decades. The testing process was unusual: at given intervals, the assembly line itself was inspected. There was no sampling of products between these inspections. A master exemplar of acceptable quality and finish was maintained, but the periodic inspection was the heart of the system.
A Praktica MTL-3 of 1978 still bears this symbol, but its use was phased out shortly thereafter and goods produced during the last decade of the German Democratic Republic did not bear the primarqualität marking though inspecting techniques, now administered by the Office of Standards, Measurements and Product Testing, were continued until the reunification of the two Germanies in 1989.

This still does not explain the "S" in a triangle, but it nevertheless is interesting information.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Spotmatic, very interesant.

Thank for it.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I immediately thought of this topic when I was reading "Zeiss Compendium, East and West 1940-1972" by Marc James Small and Charles M. Barringer, Hove Photo Books, 2nd. Edition, 1995, ISBN 1 874707 24 3:

Quote:

Prime Quality Symbols

In an effort to salvage whatever market position they might make from the Zeiss name, the East German concerns which had taken over Jena and Dresden began a selective-quality campaign in the late 1940's. The first effort may have only been advertising hype, but it was claimed that the early Contax SLR's under "CONSOL" name were of specially selected grade. This persisted into the 1950's.
At that time, a more uniform system was adopted. Goods intended for sale in Western markets were subjected to intense quality-control measures and those which passed were entitled to a special engraving, an intertwined "1-and-Q" mark, known as the primarqualität symbol. Items whose quality was of a slightly lesser grade were given a 1 or 2 within a triangle.
The quality control was administered by the Office of Material and Product Testing of the German Democratic Republic. The campaign started in the mid-1950's and continued for more than two decades. The testing process was unusual: at given intervals, the assembly line itself was inspected. There was no sampling of products between these inspections. A master exemplar of acceptable quality and finish was maintained, but the periodic inspection was the heart of the system.
A Praktica MTL-3 of 1978 still bears this symbol, but its use was phased out shortly thereafter and goods produced during the last decade of the German Democratic Republic did not bear the primarqualität marking though inspecting techniques, now administered by the Office of Standards, Measurements and Product Testing, were continued until the reunification of the two Germanies in 1989.

This still does not explain the "S" in a triangle, but it nevertheless is interesting information.

Hi spot,
Yep, I posted this same info back on page 4 of this thread... Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I should drink less! Very Happy