Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

please, help on fit lense to DSLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: please, help on fit lense to DSLR Reply with quote

I recently bought a Kodak Duo Six-20 with a Schneider-Kruznach Xenar f:3.5 F=7.5cm (75mm) lense...
My question is how I can fit this lense (the small lense) on a canon DSLR?

you can see the camera and the lense on the following link

Code:
* the link doesn't work???
http://picasaweb.google.es/bernatcg/KodakDuoSix20?authkey=Gv1sRgCOuOp6Xiy5jfKA

thank you very much for your help

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: please, help on fit lense to DSLR Reply with quote

mesomenys wrote:
I recently bought a Kodak Duo Six-20 with a Schneider-Kruznach Xenar f:3.5 F=7.5cm (75mm) lense...
My question is how I can fit this lense (the small lense) on a canon DSLR?

you can see the camera and the lense on the following
http://picasaweb.google.es/bernatcg/KodakDuoSix20?authkey=Gv1sRgCOuOp6Xiy5jfKA]link

Code:
* the link doesn't work???
http://picasaweb.google.es/bernatcg/KodakDuoSix20?authkey=Gv1sRgCOuOp6Xiy5jfKA

thank you very much for your help

There should be an inside element too. You'll have to remove the entire lens and shutter assembly (usually by a notched ring that screws on from the inside of the bellows) and mount the whole thing on an adapter in front of your dSLR.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't cannibalize camera just to feed your curiosity , even if it will be done. You will not use more than a couple ones due inconvenience setup and so- so results. There is plenty of lens what is compatible with your DSLR with a single adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Attila. If the camera was junked except for the lens, that would be one thing. Destroying a good camera is something else entirely. A 620 camera can still be used, either by respooling 120 film onto 620 reels, or by making or buying cheap spindles to use 135 cartridges, for sprocket-hole panoramas. Use it in public, and you will draw admiring and puzzled stares!

If you do find a junked MF folder -- I mean one where the body is wrecked beyond repair -- you need to mount the entire lens+shutter assembly. I have a Zeiss Tessar 80/2.8 that's probably from an old Ikonta, I don't know, I bought it as-is. I use a 33-42mm step ring to mount it on M42 bellows for general photography. (I set the shutter to B and block it open with a screw in the cable socket.) Both my M42 and PK (Pentax) bellows are thick enough that lenses of 75mm or shorter don't reach infinity. So a 50mm lens from a junked 135 folder with a would only be useful for closeups/macros. Or, are there any M4/3 bellows?

Besides fine Schneider and Zeiss etc glass from upscale folders, you might consider the other end of the MF spectrum. If you find a trashed 120 or 620 box camera or maybe a crushed Polaroid. think about dissecting its broken corpse and removing the lens. To prepare the lens for bellows, use a camera body cap with a hole cut in the centre.