Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax - Sears connection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Pentax - Sears connection? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Pentax made glass for Sears at any time?

I found a Sears 300mm 5.5 that looks just like a Tak ! Shocked
Is this possible? Am I jumping the gun on this?

I have no clue! But it sure does look like a Tak. I couldnt steal the pics from the auction, they are protected by Auctiva.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only in the 1950's.

Sears sold the Asahiflex cameras as its "Tower" brand, and later also the first Pentax models.

I think the lenses were marked "Asahi" though.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, on closer inspection the lens really dosent resemble a Tak except for the grip. Perhaps it's a Tokina? Sure looks like it could be.

Sears 300mm 5.5.
Click here to see on Ebay

The Tak 300mm f/4

Tak 300mm 6.3

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Tokina. I have exactly this lens in the Sears brand.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post. I happen to have the Tak 300/6.3, and it actually shows very good results.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tokinas of the time seem to have aped the Takumars, especially the later, Soligor labeled versions. I think, for good reasons. The Taks were good looking, well made and very good performers. Nikkors were good performers too but were kinda gnarly looking, IMO.

Bill

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the prohibition notice, the pic is easily snatched in FF.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case some members are not aware of it: Tokina was founded by three ex-Nikon designers.