Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K10D with a favourite M42 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Pentax K10D with a favourite M42 lens Reply with quote

Here is my 2007 bought Pentax K10D with a 35mm f2 Super-Takumar second version with the huge front element I use with the screw-bayonet adapter. The lens is fully useable at full aperture -- I got it some years ago from a Gent here in Brentwood who contacted the Hon. Sec. of my Club saying he had some 'Pentax Gear' to go to a 'Good Home' and let me have it all for £25-00 -- I got a 1960's SV and a 150mm f4 Super-Takumar and Extension tubes as well .

K10D by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Here is one taken at full aperture in our local church when the Maasai Warriors came

Maasai Warriors in Brentwood! by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Here is one taken in almost dark High Street in December, full aperture

Brentwood 03 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty darn good.
The technique is also fine. Comes from many years in news photography doesn't it ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great, number two made me chuckle!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes -- many years in Local News !! Not much WORK for Freelancers now though -- I did ONE ordered job in February, NONE at all in January !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful camera - excellent lens.
There is something about the use of the K-10D that endears people to it.
I love mine
OH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use my K10 nearly enough, which is a shame as it's a great camera. Nice pic's Pete.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I don't use my K10 nearly enough, which is a shame as it's a great camera. Nice pic's Pete.

It is a lovely camera, I can't wait to use mine properly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still very attached to mine and even though K20s there, the K10 is still exercised well enough. It's a bit more predictable on MF.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K10 owner reporting in :p

Yeah dibs on that lens when you get bored of it :p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very nice captures. I have the same lens only used it on a SP500. I have a nice mint green K-x. With your pictures you have convinced me to put that 35 mm on it and go out to use the lens on digital. Smile Regards, Cliff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for viewing -- next time I use it I will give a dusting off ! ( I don't keep 'scrubbing' at a lens every time I use it if I see a few dust specs .)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newfie wrote:
Extremely nice pics - just goes to show what old vintage lenses can reall do. I like it.

I am brand new to these forums but I can say there is a lot to be learned here.

Regards
Gavin

hey Gavin, welcome. You learn a lot here, dont be afraid of asking questions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes only a few of us are rude enough to make fun of you Twisted Evil

Nah it's all good. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that lens but haven't used it much as the glass has yellowed. I need to treat it to some UV but there hasn't been much of that around lately!

I used to have a K10D and sold it to buy a K20D. I actually think the sensor in the K10D has a nicer rendition. I cannot put my finger on why, but some of my favourite photographs were taken on the K10.

K.