Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Novo vs. Leica
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Novo vs. Leica Reply with quote

...I agree, that the Novoflex is bulky, but the Leica is at least as long and heavy as the Novo and because of the alloy construction and the quick focus grip for me the Novo is much easier in handling and carrying....and you can adapt it to almost every SLR there is - and to middle-formats like Mamiya, Pentax or Hasselblad as its lens-calculation serves up to 6x6 format......and on the way down you can use it even with c-mount video cameras - all adapters made by Novoflex....and for a Leica lens you will still pay easily 1.000€ which is minimum 5x the Novo!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never be parted from my Novo kit, in fact I'm still adding to it, slowly.
Damn, there's just so much stuff... Smile
I am fairly sure there is a way to attach my Pigriff-C to a 6x6, but I haven't discovered it yet. Going by the 100mm native register distance of the Novo, it's certainly possible one way or another. It would be easier if I had a Pigriff-D in 6x6 to compare it with, directly.
I don't want to dismantle it, but it seems that it might be possible to lose the telescoping rear section and graft a Pentacon Six mount (reversibly) to the rear.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Leica lens are you comparing with the Novoflex? I found the Novoflex give me more hand fatigue than the Leica 400mm f/6.8. The Leica lens was also made with a Visoflex mount which accepts adapters for a wide variety of cameras.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: wrong posting Reply with quote

...sorry, I made a mistake

......the original post should have been a reply in the post "looking for a 300/400 lens"

......but nevertheless, I was comparing it to the Leica 6,8/400

......and for 6x6 use, one needs a special, shorter PIGRIP because of the bigger flange back.....but - they are available for Mamiya, Pentax, Rollei and Hasselblad

......and 6x6 works only with the 400-"Triplet" (400D3) not with the older 2-lenser and not with the 600.......