Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie experience with Flektogon 20mm 2,8 and 35mm 2,4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Newbie experience with Flektogon 20mm 2,8 and 35mm 2,4 Reply with quote

Hello !
I came across this Forum some weeks ago when I was trying to find out some information about mounting 2 old M42 lenses (which where offered me that time) on my Pentax K10D.
I got a lot of great information here, and I am happy that I just signed up this page.
These are definitly 2 nice pieces of glass, here are some shots of the last week which I want to share:

see my pics ---> down in this thread !!

cheers
_________ Tobbsman

Last edited by tobbsman on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:08 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome!
congrats! you started with 2 great lens
a moderator will soon fix the links for your image (anti-spam)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, ok thanks ...

I was just wondering why I cannot link my flickr pics ...

Greets
_________ tobbsman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie experience with Flektogon 20mm 2,8 and 35mm 2,4 Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Hello !
I came across this Forum some weeks ago when I was trying to find out some information about mounting 2 old M42 lenses (which where offered me that time) on my Pentax K10D.
I got a lot of great information here, and I am happy that I just signed up this page.
These are definitly 2 nice pieces of glass, here are some shots of the last week which I want to share:

Flek 35mm 2,4

Flek 20mm:

Cheers
__________ Tobbsman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here ! I really love these wonderful shoots!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Very nice shots, you show here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I allowed to send your images from now you will don't have any problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila !

Thanks. So I just have to insert der Flickr links inbetween the Img signs, as I wanted to do ?

The first shots were made 3 days ago in the garden of a castle in Zeeland, Holland, Baarland... I am just making vacation there ...

The mountain-flower shots were mostly taken in Austria in the mountains of the "Radstaedter Tauern", where I was hiking last week.
On one you see this blue flower "Enzian", where we make your "Schnaps" (strong liquor") from ... Wink

Cheers,
Tobbsman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can do. I love to see exact version of lenses like Flektogon 35mm f2.4 MC or zebra etc.

Please send more I love your work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both lenses are black MC versions (no zebra).
I would like to try out this Flek 20mm F4 zebra once and compare it to my 2.8 version. That should be quite a good glass from what I heard.
However, there are much more sharp lenses out there for wide angle use, but I like the colors and bokeh too much which this lens renders ...

The Flek 35mm is razor sharp, I was quite impressed whith the results.

Cheers
__________ Tobbsman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are superb photos! I love them, especially the bee!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good shot !! most of them..
I am curious about the sky color on the second from last shot,
did u use a ND grad ? postwork ? etc...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was nothing special done with that photo. Just a Polarizer, screwed to the upmoast filter density. The sun was obviously coming from a nice angle at this moment, so the sky got really dark.

I was just wondering that I did not got even more vignetting, cause I thought in general a polarizer is not really useful with this 67mm diameter lenses due to vignetting problems.

Cheers
Tobbsman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, thankyou. The black MC CZJ family really does take some beating when you get a good copy, as you obviously have. The Pancolar 50 and particularly the S 3.5/135 don't seem to have as much popular appeal as the Fleks but you'd love them as well.

I was wondering about the colours in the 20mm shot too. The filter is very effective. I have only 49 and 58mm polariser filters at present and your shot has started me looking for a 67! Smile You're probably right to be concerned about the vignetting, but perhaps it doesn't show with a crop sensor. Do you have a hood for your lens? I can't find a decent one.

By the way, please make sure that pictures you post are no wider than 900px. Thanks

Last edited by peterqd on Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots. I enjoyed looking at them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful colours.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks, ... nice you like my photographs

@peterqd
I am just using a standard polarizer from B&W.
So far I have not searched about a lens hood, there must have been an original Zeiss hood sold ... ???
I'll check out for some options too ...

Cheers
Tobbsman
[my English is terrible]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Tobbsman! Smile All these are great shots but my faves are
#2 and the bee shot! Thanks for sharing!

Bill