Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My old Peleng
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: My old Peleng Reply with quote

I saw the topic about the Zenitar Fisheye and it made me remember of my ex-Peleng 8mm.
I sold it some time ago, but I have some photos in this link:

http://picasaweb.google.pt/satadress/Peleng8mm

Most of the photos had some intense post processing mostly in its tones.

One day I'll be buying other Fisheye lens, but probably won't be a Peleng 8mm again because of it's high price (comparing with Tokina 10-17 for example).

Hope you like some of my shots Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are funny! Very Happy

Nr 19 or 36 (a bit cropped) would make a great avatar...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, nice nice nice ...
Peleng is a great childrens toy, as it seems Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
hehe, nice nice nice ...

It really is... Smile but Fisheyes can give very interesting shots not funny. I guess is a way of photographing completely different, and it's not very easy to be good at it.

Thank you for your comments.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo wrote:
tobbsman wrote:
hehe, nice nice nice ...

It really is... Smile but Fisheyes can give very interesting shots not funny. I guess is a way of photographing completely different, and it's not very easy to be good at it.

Thank you for your comments.

I have sometimes almost given up on my Peleng, but I know the poor photos are my own fault and nothing to do with the lens.
The Peleng (On crop DSLR) is a great lens with the potential to produce great images but it takes a lot of thought and effort to do so. They are not snapshot lenses, the FOV and the perspective distortion requires a great deal of effort to use, that same FOV also requires a lot of attention to the lighting variations, With all that is going on you have to have a good idea of the result you want before trying to shoot it. Then when you get it right the results are great.
I will keep mine and 9 times out of 10 it is in my camera bag.

In no way is it a Toy unless the user is a child!

Rodrigo. I have tried the Tokina lens (Pentax 10-17) and was very impressed with it. It is twice the price of the Peleng though and I didn’t think the 16/17 end matched the Zenitar. I did consider selling Zenitar and Peleng to pay for it but the pros and cons favoured keeping the two primes. Also the Zenitar is FF and is great used on my Pentax ME.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I sold my Peleng because a friend can bring me one Tokina 10-17 for about the same price I sold it. So I believe it's a great deal for me.
I tried his Tokina and I found it to be very good too.

Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a deal I would go with.
The best I can do is an extra £200 for the 10-17mm and there are other things to buy.
The next ‘New’ lens I want is the just introduced Lensbaby composer or a discounted 3G.