Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first try at a recessed lens board. Be kind now!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: My first try at a recessed lens board. Be kind now! Reply with quote

A 4x4 lens board for my new (to me) Wollensak 3 1/2" (90mm) f/6.8 lens to use on my Kodak Master View Large format camera. My first try done during my lunch break at work. A total of 4 lunch breaks to get it. A couple of goofs that messed up the line of the polished rim but that doesn't prevent it from doing it's job. More polishing to do and more attention to detail on the next one.

Made from a solid billet of aluminum it is 4"x4" with a 5/8" recess.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not goofs, they're a "Feature". Hey, if Microsoft can get away with it...
Nice job, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
They're not goofs, they're a "Feature". Hey, if Microsoft can get away with it...
Nice job, though.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't close up enough?

Looks like a neat lensboard.
Just say those cutouts are there for clearance for the shutter release and etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
It doesn't close up enough?

Looks like a neat lensboard.
Just say those cutouts are there for clearance for the shutter release and etc.

I've already used that with a friend at work!! HA HA!! The wooden one that came with the lens was really cut out just for that reason. I have four more flat lens boards in the works and will try one of them with this lens when I'm finished.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will we sample pictures Smile ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
When will we sample pictures Smile ?

Still getting my kit together. Just received 6 film holders and have a dark bag on the way to me. Got an old sweat shirt to use as a focusing cloth. Just a matter of ordering some film then try it out.