Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mayan ruins (Tolum, Mexico)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Mayan ruins (Tolum, Mexico) Reply with quote

Other than a few extremely rude tourists we had a great time in Mexico.

When we were at the ruins it was 94 deg F. The night we got home it was 0 deg F and before we went to bed -10 deg F. I hate winter most of the time.

I just about always shoot everything in RAW. This time I used JPEG for everything. I won't do that again.

Flek 35/2.4 the first three I hand held a cpl filter because of the intense sun. Not sure I should have since I don't use one often and don't always get it right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all nice but the last one is the best IMHO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Ron, really like that last shot. Looks like you had a good time
being warm. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

I agree the last one is best by far. The first three were the worst of the day. I worked on them a little so I posted them first. That way it can only get better. I know, just opposite of what everyone else does.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAST !! Awesome! Many thanks for sharing! Next time shoot on VELVIA 50 not in raw Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What DSLR were you using ?

I usually do jpg's on my Pentax K100D, seldom RAW.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘I just about always shoot everything in RAW. This time I used JPEG for everything. I won't do that again.’

I say that every time I don’t shoot RAW.
It looks a very interesting place a photographers dream.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
What DSLR were you using ?

I usually do jpg's on my Pentax K100D, seldom RAW.

I'm using the canon 40D.

I prefer Raw because of what is possible with the image if it isn't quite what I expected. If you get everything right on the first try JPEg is fine. I would rather make the decisions than let the camera make compromises for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
‘I just about always shoot everything in RAW. This time I used JPEG for everything. I won't do that again.’

I say that every time I don’t shoot RAW.
It looks a very interesting place a photographers dream.

It is a interesting place. Trouble is, I thought their might be 50-75 maybe 100 people there, instead their were several hundred. I hate big crowds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.4 is quite striking - the others work too, but was it the cpl responsible for the odd colouring in the clouds?
I know what you mean about rude tourists - some of them shouldn't be allowed out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave.

Quote:
but was it the cpl responsible for the odd colouring in the clouds?

I would say it had to be. They are the only shots I used it for and the only ones like that. It is a very expensive cpl. I never had this experience with it before. Maybe it doesn't like the flek.

The worst way to get pictures is to go on a tour. Unfortunately thats what my wife wanted. Tour buses coming and going steady, wall to wall people.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice object !!
angle and composed are great

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siswono wrote:
nice object !!

Thank you.

It would have been a lot more fun and easier if their hadn't been several hundred people there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Siswono wrote:
nice object !!

Thank you.

It would have been a lot more fun and easier if their hadn't been several hundred people there.

I like last one too, pretty much. Pretty nasty to visit nice places with hundred people together I also not like much.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Schnauzer wrote:
Siswono wrote:
nice object !!

Thank you.

I like last one too, pretty much. Pretty nasty to visit nice places with hundred people together I also not like much.

We planned this for almost a year. You can't imagine how disappointed I was when it was completely packed with people. Also I met a few of the rudest most ignorant tourists I ever met in my life. The Mexican people were fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sad, this is huge disappointment I was one times in Croatia at a very nice family size beach. When we would go out we always found only incredible crowded places so I gave up to go there again even if close to us.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean Attila.

I would love to be at this 2000 year old place with only a few people, but I know now its impossible. I have seen it and really liked the place, but I will never go back. My whole reason for going there was to get pictures but it was almost impossible with all the people. They told me they have had as many as 9000 people in one day visiting the ruins.

I took the flek 35/2.4 that I got from you, the yashica ml 50/1.7 and only one a/f lense so I could show them at MFlenses. I still have a bunch to go through. Trouble is that both the yashica and the flek say 50/1.8 in the EXIF and I can't remember which pictures are from which lense.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not easy to remember. Generally I shoot one with cap on as separator between lenses. I remember for order and if I have separator easy to select pictures to different folders.