Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kilcash Castle on 4x5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Kilcash Castle on 4x5 Reply with quote

A quick and dirty test shot, processed in a home-made multi-cylinder Jobo Expert Drum-alike, on an old CPA original machine. Processed in D76+3 for 15mins.
Shot on the Frankengee, with the SOL 6" f:4.5, with hood. Film is Shanghai GP3.

Click on for 1600 pic.

Last edited by Farside on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! especially the moodiness in the cloud.Is this place being renovated to become someones home?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-hoo: there is a lot of data in that negative/photo ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I like it! especially the moodiness in the cloud.Is this place being renovated to become someones home?

For several years it's been the property of Heritage Ireland, the equivalent of the National Trust http://www.heritageireland.ie/en/ and only in the past couple of years have they started doing anything with it. I'm not sure what the plans are; whether it's being rebuilt to a usable condition or just made safe. Certainly, it used to be totally derelict and was actually quite photogenic as a ruin.

http://www.tipp.ie/townsandvillages/tipperary/kilcash.htm

http://www.google.com/search?q=kilcash+castle

fish4570 wrote:

Woo-hoo: there is a lot of data in that negative/photo ...

Not as much as there should be - the scan didn't work too well and there's some horrible banding evident, plus the contrast suffered on upload, which I forgot about. This was just an exercise, to see what worked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with re-worked pic. That wall at the front is a bugger to get detail in without washing out the castle wall. It is a black-ish wall and was heavily shaded. The whole scene was pretty much against a very bright sky from the right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight on the building Dave,I still like it,great details in the front wall and in the back wall over the fence, so I think what ever you did has worked!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, Mo.
This is all a shot in the dark from an unconventional starting point. A strange camera config, unknown lens, cheap film, home-made processor, and diluted developer run on a machine with just a gues at dev time based on my stand dev. I stuck my finger in the air and tried it.
That was just the beginning; the clone brushes and patching tool got used heavily this afternoon, as I couldn't let it lie.
I'm not happy with the detail full screen - it definitely could be better; but it's a learning process - again.