Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JOBO bankrupcy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: JOBO bankrupcy Reply with quote

Sad news for analog camera users:
http://blog.nikonians.org/archives/2010/03/jobo_files_bankruptcy.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shocked reading this.
When I was young, I started with darkroom equipment from JOBO and developped my first b&w films with their equipement.
Sorry to hear this, they lasted for more than 85 years Sad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Mind you, they weren't exactly cheap and it's only now that many who fancied Jobo gear can afford it used.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sad news, they seem to be a good company. It's not surprising, though, given that their focus for many years was on film processing equipment. Finding a niche in a digital world must be difficult for them. I wish them well..

--Geoff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some company from far East will buy them out. And brand will not disappear from the world market

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose their film related business will survive. Tanks and spare parts will, at a small level, keep enough jobs going for a long time that a management buyout would receive unemployment agency funding.

What killed them is their digital business - importing image tanks and digital picture frames is not a business with the scale and profit margin required to fulfil old obligations like pension funds from film boom days...

Sevo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the *somewhat* affordable used Jobo stuff prices will likely skyrocket Sad