Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hot shoe thumb holder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Hot shoe thumb holder Reply with quote

Gimmick or will your be willing to try one?
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Metal-Thumbs-Up-Grip-For-Digital-Camera-Nikon-S1-J3-NEX-3N-NEX-7-GF6-GF5-E-PM2-/281095594328?pt=US_Camera_Straps_Hand_Grips&hash=item41729a6158#ht_8671wt_1346

http://www.fujixseries.com/discussion/725/horusbennu-tg-1-fuji-x100-x10-thumb-grip-review/p1

http://www.matchtechnical.com/Pages/default.aspx

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try one but not at that price! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The description is very misleading on the ebay listing:

then at the bottom:

Would you use it?

So expensive from China.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful with those thumb holders; while they can actually make some cameras (not all!) better to hold, they also act as levers on the hotshoe. I broke the hotshoe on one of my cameras when the thumb grip was bumped inside a camera bag.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Be careful with those thumb holders; while they can actually make some cameras (not all!) better to hold, they also act as levers on the hotshoe. I broke the hotshoe on one of my cameras when the thumb grip was bumped inside a camera bag.

That's a really good point!! Surprised

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already figured that one out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From an engineering standpoint I'm not so sure about having a set screw wound down onto the hotshoe centre contact either. They appear to supply just a standard socket set screw which should make nice gouge in the contact too.
Andrew

Last edited by C Andrew Green on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a solution in search of a non-existent problem and one which will cause trouble all of its own.
Waste of a tenner, when you could be buying pies, beer or film with it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
when you could be buying pies

Have you met C Andrew Green, then? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Looks like a solution in search of a non-existent problem and one which will cause trouble all of its own.
Waste of a tenner, when you could be buying pies, beer or film with it.

wise words. Laughing