Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44K-4 - some samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Helios 44K-4 - some samples Reply with quote

Nothing pictorial, just a few samples of the lens output. I'm still impressed by this cheapest of all lenses and can see this being on the Pentax a lot - especially with the proper lever now giving me aperture control. All pics taken with decent hood selected from The Big Box o' Random Hoods. It's a fairly deep ally hood, of unknown origin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ireland gets snow? Nice shoots!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Dave - it's snowing like billy-o here in Dublin so can't wait to get out and about in the morning Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tell ya dave, these cheap russian lenses really do have character, dont they?! i just put up a similar thread w my industar pancake 50mm; theyre really quite amazing for under $20, no? i think its how they handle contrast....better than the average bear!

Last edited by rbelyell on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice snow Dave, great shots

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard for the images to not be pictorial with all the snow we are having!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good samples Dave, the Helios 44-k4 is another cracker from that particular line and not very well known, I use it quite a bit. Just waiting now for delivery of a Helios 77-k4 which is the 50mm 1.8 version, and it seems fairly rare. I have a 77-m4 but that is auto only so I will try to post some samples too Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy with this lens - I have a 44-M also, and it produces pretty nice results. I missed the convenience of auto-stopdown, so kept an eye out for the K4 version. Damn, if only Pentax hadn't crippled the KAF-2 mount, it would be perfect. Still, manual setting with auto-stopdown is better than nothing.
Today, I'd intended to get out and take some shots of the landscape covered in snow from my usual hillside viewpoint, but there's a low-lying frost haze which scuppers that idea. Pity, it would have looked good on this lens, I'm sure.
Apart from that, my feet are freezing, so no more cold shots today. That's me done with the winter, I'm bored with snow Smile