Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40 for food!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Helios 40 for food! Reply with quote

I couldn't believe it but it's an excellent lens for food. Great colors and saturation and I like the bokeh (in a studio situation is more in control obviously).

Here the shots:

Wide Open

At 2.8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Great colors and saturation and I like the bokeh

I totally agree, fantastic performance of the lens.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Alessandro - love that lens and what it can do. Takes some mastering and you seem to have its measure.

Have you tried replacing veal with turkey breast? To my mind the sacrifice in flavour is worth it.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alessandro ---

REALLY NICE ONES Smile !!

tf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Great Alessandro - love that lens and what it can do. Takes some mastering and you seem to have its measure.

Have you tried replacing veal with turkey breast? To my mind the sacrifice in flavour is worth it.

patrickh

Lol, it's not veal, it's tuna fillet! I never tried cooked this way before and I was really surprised, just like with the Helios Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better than veal. I never saw it this way either. Looks very tasty.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the shots/results...
This lens is superb for these (fixed/indoor)... To me, the lens is just un-usable in sun light/outdoors (heavy flare even without light source in front of glass).. but great performer in indoors...

I have used the lens only for few days.. my views may change in future Wink (if I able to get a courage to take lens outside)..