Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Frozen World
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Frozen World Reply with quote

Here's an icebound Douglas Fir branch and Arizona ryegrass, encased in a shroud of ice. I thought it was kind of cool. Cool

I like the golden grasses in combination with the deep green. I had to move around a little to get some image balance.

I basically balanced off the dark mass on the right by including the shining grasses at the bottom left, and the branches at the top left to counterbalance.

Film is sure fun to work with!

Revueflex 3003 (M42)
Super Tak 28/3.5
Provia
Epson Scanner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful picture, I am really miss your medium format pictures Confused

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

You do? Well, then, I'll do some more scans this week Attila. Thanks for the reminder. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Attila wrote:

You do? Well, then, I'll do some more scans this week Attila. Thanks for the reminder. Laughing

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breathtaking picture Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laurence,
This is an amazing shot ! I looked at it at least 3 minutes Cool
Very nice subject, great composition and exposure.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks no-x and Tobbsman! One thing we as photographers never know, is how an image looks to the OTHER guy...it's good to get feedback, good or constructive, to gain insight into the image.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice!
Definitely a moment to capture. We do get a lot of ice here as well but it's seldom I see plants so encapsulated by ice. Was it close to a waterfall or rapid?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven wrote:
Very Nice!
Definitely a moment to capture. We do get a lot of ice here as well but it's seldom I see plants so encapsulated by ice. Was it close to a waterfall or rapid?

You got it right Sven! Smile The spot is about 20 meters or so from a fairly large waterfall...the mist in the air was pretty heavy, and of course it was "raining" down on things and freezing instantly.

I wish I could have had time to stay there for a few hours to get a shot that would capture a larger proportion of the beautiful light that shows on the grasses at the bottom. I think that the sun would have set perfectly to cast long rays right at the grasses. Confused

Sometimes our "lack of time" gets in the way. I think that many of the more "pro" photograpers get their shots by HAVING the time to just hang around waiting for the light to be right.

One thing I really like about the 28mm Super Takumar lens configurations is that it finds a midrange spot between warm and cool colors. In this case, the lens found its sweet spot in showing the warmth of the grasses and ALSO the cooler green tones of the fir branch and blue-tinted icicles.

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again and amazing shot, Larry!

Laurence wrote:
...The spot is about 20 meters or so from a fairly large waterfall...the mist in the air was pretty heavy, and of course it was "raining" down on things and freezing instantly...

I'm sure you are really happy that you brought your M42-film-kit and not a digital cam. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Again and amazing shot, Larry!

Laurence wrote:
...The spot is about 20 meters or so from a fairly large waterfall...the mist in the air was pretty heavy, and of course it was "raining" down on things and freezing instantly...

I'm sure you are really happy that you brought your M42-film-kit and not a digital cam. Wink

Yes! However, I was equipped with an umbrella that I keep in the car, so it would have been okay. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooo , it's so beautifull !!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Reminds me of here Wink Icicles are good motifs