Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first pano
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: first pano Reply with quote

Ok guys first pano shot.
Overlooking Wigan and the Leeds/Liverpool Canal, from the remains of an old steel works, it was made in AutoPano with 56 shots hand held from a Pentax Takumar SMC 100/4. After stitching I applied a graduated blue filter in CS4 and the Fuji Velvia 100 plug in from Color Efex. Its been reduced down from 117mb jpeg to about 6mb to put it on here.

Very Happy many thanks to Tobbsman for his excellent 'how to..' Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Great fun isn't it ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came out nice. 56 pictures, wow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long did it take you to take all 56 photos? Seems like the exposure was well compensated for.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both- I think the 'fun ' is relative! my pc didnt like it much. Next time I might try a wider lens to get more of the town in as the view is quite impressive from up there but I am very pleased with the results Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your first pano ! Looks like everything worked as indended ...

For next time I would recomand a different lens e.g. a 35mm (8 frames, 2 rows of 4 landscape format) on your G10. That gives a very natual view, and no distortions as with wide angles...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too long to take the shots about 10 mins or so I had to wait for the sd card to catch up with the camera... and the exposure was done in av mode with the lens wide open to make it simpler. Thanks Tobbsman! - it is your success that has inspired me to have a go at a Pano. I believe I will try something around 35mm next time, I had a Meyer Lydith with me but I felt that the Tak would give me more detail though it took a lot of shots to get there, probably more than I needed to be honest, but I felt better to be safe. Thanks for the comments btw everyone Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent first effort, I've never done one of these. Yes, wow, 56 pictures!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fab start - even makes Wigan look ultra cool Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh