Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First MF Abroad
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: First MF Abroad Reply with quote

I was on a business trip last week to UK. In case there would be any spare time I also brought the camera with a Nikkor 2/35.
There were 2 places of interest nearby. One was the Iron Bridge gorge where the world first cast iron bridge was built and the other place was the RAF museum in Cosford. We briefly managed to visit both places and it would definitely be interesting to visit again having a bit more time.

Some samples:

The Bridge

No chance of finding lenses here

The RAF Museum

Vulcan

MF Lens in a camera pod! It says 4" Anastigmat

Various aircraft in red

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed the visit to the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution Sven. That whole area is beautiful especially in the summer. The first plane is a grand old Britannia, and the second is the superb Vulcan. Don't know the others, can't see enough of them.

Keith
What's with the "Tar pool" - we have them in LA, but they bubble and ooze and are full of bones. Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that the place had a number of museums and old furnaces, and I even saw info on the Tar Tunnel. Now I know how it looks as well.
It's definitely a place to return to given the opportunity. Old industrial remains are interesting and often makes nice photo objects.

I have a lot more shots from the RAF museum, but many are still in RAW. A fast prime lens really comes in handy in a museum with limited light.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hej Sven

I like number 2 very much. Great series.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series indeed! gives great insight of your trip ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

#2 was the one I think came out best as well. Probably due to the light at that time. There are so many nice places in the English countryside.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story behind the iron bridge is fascinating, I believe the arch spans were cast in sand in one go, that is a huge lump of iron to pour in one go. I dont think they would attempt it today.