Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eyemik?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Eyemik? Reply with quote

I purchased a small lot of various photographic thingies for 50 euro: EL-Nikkon 50 f/2.8, Asahi bellows unit, old fashioned Capital light meter and last but not least, the Eyemik 40-85 f/3.5 Ultra Multi-Coated Zoom. Does anybody here know more about Eyemik? I can't find too much information, certainly not about this lens. It has M42 mount and is rather heavy. I only found that Eyemik is a Japanese company (the glass says LENS MADE IN JAPAN, so not difficult to confirm Confused ). In its heyday (whenever that may have been...), was it considered top-quality (unlikely, as little information is found...), trash, ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Eyemik 28mm, it's nothing special.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fotomachi

What were you looking for in that collection? Personally I never hear of Eyemik, sounds a very unlilkely name. Samples? or a pic of the lens would help.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyemik one of the thousands noname Japanese brand , so don't expect much especially from a zoom.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures:

Quote:
What were you looking for in that collection?

The EL-Nikkor can be used as a photographing lens with some tweaking, the Asahi bellows will be used to for some experiments with old lenses (see Vilva's site), the light meter I needed because I want to start with analogue photography and have no experience in this field (all digi-man Confused ), and the Eyemik, well, it was for sale by the same person as all the other items. It costed 15 euro and wouldn't cost extra for shipping costs. So... why not? Wink I'm not expecting much from the quality, but I am currently surprised by the solid feeling it gives. It's an all-metal lens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
I'm not expecting much from the quality, but I am currently surprised by the solid feeling it gives. It's an all-metal lens.

Same with my Eyemik 28 - it feels solid enough, but just about every lens made back then was metal-bodied and the optical qualities don't shine. I wouldn't say it was rubbish, just not all that good. It's the kind of lens you'd give to somebody who was just starting out, or use on a beach or building site, rather than risk the good ones.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post some test shots once I know how to handle my new Pentax K100D decently.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
I'll post some test shots once I know how to handle my new Pentax K100D decently.

fotomachi, I love to see that you are trying out a unique lens, especially since you really have nothing to lose! a VERY interesting zoom range, I might add. And every bit of it looks solid as a rock.

You never know, it might be a good lens for you. Remember "eye of the beholder."