Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta-EOS adapter that locks lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Exakta-EOS adapter that locks lens Reply with quote

My Exakta to EOS adapter works well focus wise (it delivers infinity), but does not lock the lens to the body, thus making it awkward when focusing (applied force can unmount the lens instead of focusing).
Can you recommend an adapter that delivers infinity and locks lens as well?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one neither does. This is really weird, because you always are afraid of losing the lens. Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to reach Alex (hk300) and ask him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by Exacta you mean M42, this adapter does indeed lock securely. I have two of them with the new chip that you can change aperture and write new focal lengths, etc for $2.50 extra. Just use ask a question after you buy and request an invoice showing the extra $2.50 charge and put in the note that you are requesting the new custom chip.

If Exacta does not equal M42, please excuse.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
try to reach Alex (hk300) and ask him.

good idea, thanks.

@ Greg: Exaktas are (were) very nice reflex cameras with their own bayonet mount.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

@ Greg: Exaktas are (were) very nice reflex cameras with their own bayonet mount.

Thank you, I will write it down in my notebook.

Perhaps you could try drilling a small dimple into the ring as the locking pin on the EOS is external to the body.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg wrote:

Perhaps you could try drilling a small dimple into the ring as the locking pin on the EOS is external to the body.

I am a total disaster at handwork Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find someone locally that does hobby/specialty style work - model train, car repair on classic vehicles, etc. Bring an EOS lens to show where the pin indexes, bring the EOS body for test fit, and of course bring the adapter. Five minutes setup and 20 seconds actual work.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg wrote:
Find someone locally that does hobby/specialty style work - model train, car repair on classic vehicles, etc. Bring an EOS lens to show where the pin indexes, bring the EOS body for test fit, and of course bring the adapter. Five minutes setup and 20 seconds actual work.

Good luck.

Very good idea..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an EOS to Exakta adapter and I have the same problem. The original Exakta bayonet has a spring-loaded catch that locks the pin on the Exakta-mount lens in place. On the two adapters I have tried this catch is NOT spring-loaded. I really could not get them to work but maybe I should look a little better.

Also, the versions I have tried only accept a few Exakta lenses. I have noticed that not all Exakta-mount lenses are the same. There's quite a variation in them and the adapters I have seen were probably made with only a few lenses as a basis for the design. Also, neither of the adapters had the external bayonet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a perfect Exakta adapter for 4/3 bodies,made at home from genuine Exakta mount taken from a damaged body.Unfortunately this was stolen with my gear.
I bought from HK that is not perfect half of lens not mount perfectly too, primitive not well cloned adapter. I force push Alex to make a perfect one I hope he will get time to make it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I force push Alex to make a perfect one

Great!
If they will give infinity and lock lens, I will book two for me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He know how important this I think he will make it soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I can confirm he knows. Almost every day I asked him if he was working to make a good exatkta-EOS adapter. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Attila wrote:

I can confirm he knows. Almost every day I asked him if he was working to make a good exatkta-EOS adapter. Laughing

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Exakta-EOS adapter that locks lens Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
My Exakta to EOS adapter works well focus wise (it delivers infinity), but does not lock the lens to the body, thus making it awkward when focusing (applied force can unmount the lens instead of focusing).
Can you recommend an adapter that delivers infinity and locks lens as well?

May be you can use something similar to 'fish glue' to glue the lens to the adapter. I am using it to glue me M42 lens to the adapter:-). You can undone the glue with a few drops of water.

link: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=20019&cat=1,110,42965

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Adapter from eBay - virtualvillage Reply with quote

Hi there, i bought an adapter through ebay from virtualvillage-de. They state infinity focus is possible. However it is not. Otherwise the adapter is of good quality.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Adapter from eBay - virtualvillage Reply with quote

darmodej wrote:
Hi there, i bought an adapter through ebay from virtualvillage-de. They state infinity focus is possible. However it is not. Otherwise the adapter is of good quality.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

This is quiet common problem most of the adapter not support infinity with all lenses or at all even if seller said it is support infinity. Our adapter has also this problem need to improve for infinity , I hope it will finish soon and available for purchase.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..thanks. Do you have any idea if this one does support infinity? I did mail the shop and did get it confirmed. Will buy it most probably next week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230342621436

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did recieve another adapter today. From

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ericcc1006_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ

After carefull testing i found that it does not focus on infitiny. The maximum exact focusing distance i can get with a 50mm with f1:3,5 lens is 8 meters. I did test with a 50mm Xenar, 40mm Tessar and 35m Primagon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those aficionados of the Topcon range of lenses, none of the adapters shown will accommodate the topcon mount, which has a pin 2,5 mm from the outside edge.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 different adapters. One focuses to infinity, one is a little bit short.

This one focuses to infinity, but is made of aluminum and seems like it wouldn't hold a heavy lens. It also uses a set screw to lock the lens. If you tighten too much, it pushed the lens away from the adapter, so that it tilts a little to one side. I just use it for light lenses, like Ludwig Meritar:

This one is a little short of infinity focus, but is MUCH more robust higher quality construction, and uses a spring to lock the lens in. I'm sure you might be able to either adjust the lens's infinity focus a little, like I did with a pre-war Xenon, or carefully shave a few 1/100's of a mm off the face. Since most of my shots are portraits the lack of infinity focus doesn't bother me too much.

Both vendors were excellent to deal with. The first one shipped the items I ordered in a beautifully, old-fashioned, wrapped package.

Eugene