Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBC X-Fujinon 50/1.2 first shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: EBC X-Fujinon 50/1.2 first shots Reply with quote

I got a new toy today Smile

Here are a few of my first shots with this lens wide open at f1.2 with my NEX-5N:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 cat shoot... beautiful cat very well done!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this one branded as Porst and converted to 4/3 and it was sharp enough at f1.2 (center) with that high pixel density. When I changed to FF I also converted it. I never wanted to make so much noise about it because I wanted a second copy (that I still haven't), I always kept a low profile with this one.

I got it so cheap and thanks to it I have never been obsessed with f1.2 lenses (sold with profit the f1.2 bargains I found).

The best thing is that it is light for being a f1.2 and it is tack tack sharp at f2, what I don't like as much is that the bokeh is not soft and it has a bit more aberration than usual at f4 and upwards.

f1.2

f2

Higher than f2

The second pic has no photoshop at all. The others in some degree (the streep ones have not so much).

In the pic before the last one can see the aberrations in the guys arm superposed with the white cloud. Blue aberrations at the left, pink-yellow at the right.

This is a lens to be used between f1.2 and f2, f2.8 at most, where it excels (f2 optimally, f1.2 can have spherical aberrations) I have the subjective impression that other 50mm are better for closed-down work.

BTW, all shots are done with a 5d2

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
#1 cat shoot... beautiful cat very well done!

+1

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fantastic shots there Rafa & Pontus!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Some fantastic shots there Rafa & Pontus!

+1

I'm wondering what was cat so focused on so you have time to nail down focus on his eye Smile. Mine are not so cooperative Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are one of the best shots I´ve seen on the forum for a while:)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! Bond was looking at the garbage truck which he thought was fascinating Shocked

Very, very nice pictures rafa1981. Do you think that the Porst is identical except for the markings, EBC coatings and all?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some (unavoidable) axial CA, but for the rest, I am impressed!! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the 3rd @ f2, while others are fantastic too.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!
I like very much the shot with two women and oof Volvo! Looks very commercial (in a good word) This is a ready-made poster for motion picture "TWO WOMEN, TWO BAGS and THE VOLVO CAR" need only title on it, written with right font and some credits Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Citizen Kane.

JJ

Last edited by jjphoto on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Thanks everyone! Bond was looking at the garbage truck which he thought was fascinating Shocked

Very, very nice pictures rafa1981. Do you think that the Porst is identical except for the markings, EBC coatings and all?

Externally it's obvious:

http://forum.mflenses.com/11-2-50mm-umc-x-m-porst-color-reflex-t25945.html

I think that all the 50mm x-mount Porst lenses are identical to its x-fujinon brothers. I can not say it 100% confident without having a look at both of course.

Even the porst CR-7 camera is a disguised fujica AX-5, even though the metal frame in the fujica is plastic in the porst.

Here I did some resolution tests when I was more noob and worried with those things more than necessary. The samples were done with an Olympus E620 4/3 12Mp without tripod and presented without unsharp mask or processing of any kind, and with the sharpness in-camera parameter set to no process (-2 in olympus). Resolution wise I compared it with my Hexanon 50 f1.4 copy and it was a no-contest, even though I'm suspicious that my 50 f1.4 was a lemon, at f1.4 was tending to blurry, at f2 very good.

http://manualens.com/foro/index.php?topic=5764.0

The conversion to both mounts is reversible, it can be done adjusting the infinity setting, no need to file.

BTW, Thanks for the coments everyone.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Pontus & Rafa: All are very cool shots. I like the baby & granpa-granma pics Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good jobs Rafa and Pontus! Really like them! Never really knew Fujinon made (makes?) an 1.2, but I'm glad I know now. Really like how this lens renders. Very neutral.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous shots Rafa and Pontus! Fujinon Porst made an 1.2? It Seems very good lens, with beautiful render and with no big job with pp.