Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay seller woes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Ebay seller woes Reply with quote

Hi everyone from unseasonally sunny Oregon!

Just a word about 'bad' eBay sellers. We all know some truly terrible ones, but my recent experience of being a seller makes me wonder if sometimes we misjudge... My eBay ID is linuxbrit - a quick check will show that I have 100% positive feedback and very complimentary comments as to that which I sell...

I sold some items to Oregon Jim (a member here) in good faith, and the first lot failed to arrive... I'm grateful that he's patient as eventually they came back to me, never having reached further than central sorting in Portland! Of course, no explanation from USPS...

The next tranche took a while too, and one item arrived broken apparently, despite copious amounts of packing material..

The same eBay sales also saw an immaculate Miranda go to a gentleman in Canada...

I mailed him a while later, as I had no feedback from him.. lo and behold it hadn't yet arrived... he was very nice and blamed customs, yet another 10 days passed and.. nothing.

I had offered a full refund when I had first contacted him. He gallantly gave me extra time. This weekend he finally asked for his money back - I obliged and THE NEXT DAY got a call from the shipper - the wretched thing had been found in their warehouse - this time having never left Beaverton! As it had never even reached the postman, it had never been scanned into their tracking system!

What are the odds? So sometimes we are told unlikely tales, which my own sad experience show might just be true after all?

Doug.

PS Anyone want a truly immaculate Miranda Sensormat with 50mm lens for a very reasonable price (collection the best method!) ???

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay seller woes Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:

What are the odds? So sometimes we are told unlikely tales, which my own sad experience show might just be true after all?

I tend to give sellers the benefit of any doubt, knowing what the postal service can be like sometimes. It's bad or slovenly packaging that gets my goat, and that is down to the seller. Even fairly careful packaging can be defeated by the employment of the odd gorrilla by the courier companies, as I recently found out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there was a Samsonite Luggage TV commercial several years ago showing the airlines industries using Gorillas or such as baggage handlers. Perhaps the global mail system has followed the trend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had one bad experience, and it was relatively a cool one ( the item was a eye cup for an Olympus ) . the guy told he shipped the item, what he never did. Refund with no problem.

second one was an item ( a mInolta focusing screen ) lost by USPS, due to bad zip code indication . this time i talked photo with the seller via mail and stuff Laughing but after one month we decide to end the sell and he gave me money back. i told him if "ever" the item gets back to him , i buy it again. i didn't expected much.

but some weeks after, the guy mails me and says : the item got back. bad zip code. gee ! i was very happy actually, he sent me the item once again and i had it 5 days after.

So far no major problems for me, buyer or seller. i sell mostly locally, one in Belgium only, and buy most in UK & USA. Its funny cause items from UK take sometimes longer that those from USA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost three items in the past 2 months as a seller Sad

Two went to the same person in Taiwan and both were lost, leaving me £80.00 out of pocket (I refund after 25 working days). No word from Royal Mail yet either Sad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's easy to understand why some sellers won't sell to overseas buyers on ebay. If they have had experiences like this, who can blame them? Crying or Very sad