Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax G 21/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noddywithoutbigears wrote:
Most impressive, just a tip, when you join a forum your first shots should be of poor composition, out of focus and poor lighting, it makes the rest of us feel smug but on this occasion you can feel smug. Laughing

Sry will post some blurry stuff shortly Very Happy

my_photography wrote:
Impressive shots. Can I check which G-NEX adapter are you using?

Thanks and of course; this is a cheapo chinese (looking much like a Kipon copy). No G adapter gets very smooth and cannot be compared to a real focus ring. I'm ok with that - but I hear some people avoid the G's because of the adapter thingy. So I guess it's a matter of personal taste and habits.

EDIT: two more recent:

DSC01756 1280 by Wilhelm Frank - Stockholm, on Flickr

DSC01718 1280 by Wilhelm Frank - Stockholm, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again amazing shots, especially the colours Shocked ! just curious, could you share a sample without PP??? (this one for exemple: DSC01718 1280)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, this is a smaller version taken on same occation w/o PP. This is morning light/day break so light is soft and low. All may not share same taste, but I say the PP'd version is closer to the eye experience. But that's only me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, couldnt find this thread but here it is moved to "oversized" (?). Shouldnt oversized nowadays be 1600 wide or beyond? Since quite some time 1280 (which I use) feels like a good size to better show and reveal some lens characteristics. I have the deepest respect for all the knowledge here, but 1024 feels a bit short to me.

Just a question, with all due respect.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I for one would love to see a few 100% crops taken from these pictures, in order to peep the pixel detail - I'm familiar with the lens but not with the camera. I am curious about the performance at 100% - resizes tell the truth about colours, contrast et c., but not about the detail.
I have to say, that the colours of these pictures are very pleasing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some crops.

Ignore the first row, it's from a ZE21 and a malfunctioning G21 - and also at F/2.8 I believe. The second row is from the image above "1718" (F/5.6). I'm afraid I dont have examples SOOC, these are slighlty sharpened in ACR just before downsizing (and the rest of the PP is there too), but still it should give you an idea how sharp the lens is. And yet there's some haze in the air.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I was actually interested in how sharp the camera is. I know that the lens is sharp Wink