Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chrysler New Yorker - 3 takes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Chrysler New Yorker - 3 takes Reply with quote

Three takes of a vintage Chrysler in Lewisburg PA.
One is film, Kodak BW400CN, in a Pentax Program Plus with the FA 43/1.9 on it, CVS scan.
Two are digital, K100D with a Tamron Adaptall-2 24/2.5 on it. I cropped the color version to approximate the film shot, and also did a b&w conversion using Virtual Photographer with 'left shift'

Chrysler new yorker bw conversion by Nesster, on Flickr

Chrysler New Yorker, FA 43, BW400CN Film by Nesster, on Flickr

Chrysler New Yorker, Adaptall-2 24mm, Digital by Nesster, on Flick

No point really, except it's sometimes fun to see different renditions possible - I wasn't rigorous between shots, and I wasn't attempting to recreate the FOV.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super !

I like #1 with the hard shadows a lot, the color version isn't bad nither Laughing

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I don't like BW400CN all that much, though I try it every now and then. I can say I like the Tamron 24 01bb very much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's your gas mileage in that old bomber? Laughing I like the first shot
for fave, but the Tammie is a definite keeper.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I saw it sitting there 2 days in a row. The first and third are digital with the Tammy, the middle is film with the FA 43.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BW400CN is the best of the bunch, but you knew which one I'd choose ...