Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon CM-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Chinon CM-3 Reply with quote

Hi
Can anyone tell me which of Chinon's power winders is compatible with their CM-3 and CE-3 cameras Question
Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edgar, the winder for the CE-3 is PW-510

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Hi Edgar, the winder for the CE-3 is PW-510

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edgar - Let me know if you have problems finding one. I have a spare one that's works but the attaching screw is very fiddley. It's not a problem if you want to leave it in place though, just a reall pain re-attaching it. Anyway, it's yours if you want it.

They do crop up on ebay about once a month.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Edgar - Let me know if you have problems finding one. I have a spare one that's works but the attaching screw is very fiddley. It's not a problem if you want to leave it in place though, just a reall pain re-attaching it. Anyway, it's yours if you want it.

They do crop up on ebay about once a month.

Hi Martin
Thanks very much for the offer and I may come back to you if I can't locate one. I will of course pay for it as I wouldn't expect you to part with it for nothing! I don't actually have the camera yet - I'm sure one will turn up eventually on eBay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a shout if you can't wait or you can have it in the meantime. It works fine but getting it on is not easy and can take a while.

As mine is faulty I don't expect to sell it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Give me a shout if you can't wait or you can have it in the meantime. It works fine but getting it on is not easy and can take a while.

As mine is faulty I don't expect to sell it.

I've just won a Chinon CM-3 c/w 55mm f1.7 lens on eBay for £10 plus postage. I think thats a good deal! Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&item=280456175913. Can you tell me where to get light trap seals for it if it needs them and what do you think of the Chinon 55mm? Would I be as well selling it and using my Takumars?

I think this link works.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280456175913

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The light seals I get from ebay seller Jon Goodman. His ebay ID is Interslice. I've noticed that there are some UK sellers now offering seals so they may be worth a look. Simple enough to fit.

I've no experience with the Chinon 55mm. It should be very good as Chinon lenses are underrated IMO. I've the 3.5/200 which was miles better than the 4/200 SMC Tak (again IMO).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin & Edgar, Jon Goodman is now selling dedicated resealing kits for particular cameras on Ebay, rather than the general packs of various materials he used to do. And the CM-3 isn't on the list!!

I've sent him an email to ask if the large packs are still available. If so I'll let you know. Otherwise, we may (regretfully) need to look elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other people that sell the kits on ebay, some in the UK so they will be easier for me. It's a shame as it was good to deal with Jon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree. He's also an expert on repair of Zenit cameras in case you ever need help.

He's replied to my query:

Hello, Peter.
Thanks for the note. ... nice to hear from you again. I'm no longer selling the general kits. At least 2 problems exist: one, eBay is redolent with piracy and fraud and I've been the victim of a steady stream of it. Two, importation of this foam has become so difficult and costly, I have learned I can no longer afford to sell it in such great quantities. There was a time when the stuff was affordable and the company wanted me to sell lots of it, but many things have changed in our new world economy, and the incessant devaluation of the dollar works against me, also. Not to overlook our new import tariff scheme. Sorry. Wish I could help, but I have not made a kit for the Chinon CM-3 yet. I will as soon as time permits, however.
Best regards,
Jon Goodman

It's a real shame. I can understand the low dollar value having an impact on pricing and he certainly couldn't have been making very much on each pack, but what mean people there must be who can cheat him out of a few dollars. Now we all suffer.

Edgar, I've still got a little foam left, plenty enough for your camera. Your address in a PM will get it on it's way to you. Jon's instructions for the Spotmatic should give you all the advice you need.
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/seal/Pentax_SpotmaticSP.pdf

Martin, do you have any links for other sources of uncut foam?

Last edited by peterqd on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

This is one of the kits I will probably try. Different slot seals to Jons, but I didn't like his theary of compression fit as they have come out on two cameras I have used them on. I use a small amount of adhesive on them now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin, very useful, I've bookmarked this seller. I'm really interested in the adhesive. I'm having trouble finding a suitable adhesive for camera leathers. The proper stuff is Pliobond, but I can't find it here in UK - at least, not in small quantities.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested to know what you is suitable for camera leather too as I have one to replace. The strong glues seem to thick to do the job.

And this is pretty OT so sorry to the OP. Maybe we should start another thread.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter and Martin

This morning I came across a company in the US who supply camera seal kits. Their eBay id is camerasealkitsandmore. I e-mailed them but they don't currently manufacture a kit for the Chinon CM-3. BUT, they tell me if I send them measurements of the seals I require and a few photos they will make a kit and supply it free of charge incl. postage and despatch within 48 hours. It will then be added to their range. This offer also applies to any other camera they don't make kits for at the moment. Hopefully this will be of help to some other members.

P.S. Thanks Peter for the offer of seal material - I'll give these people a try first and see what comes back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hi Peter and Martin

This morning I came across a company in the US who supply camera seal kits. Their eBay id is camerasealkitsandmore. I e-mailed them but they don't currently manufacture a kit for the Chinon CM-3. BUT, they tell me if I send them measurements of the seals I require and a few photos they will make a kit and supply it free of charge incl. postage and despatch within 48 hours. It will then be added to their range. This offer also applies to any other camera they don't make kits for at the moment. Hopefully this will be of help to some other members.

P.S. Thanks Peter for the offer of seal material - I'll give these people a try first and see what comes back.

Following on from my last post, eBay has informed me that camerasealkitsandmore are no longer a registered member on their site.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:

Following on from my last post, eBay has informed me that camerasealkitsandmore are no longer a registered member on their site.

Ebay being a bunch of eejits, have likely disabled their account for something trivial.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message for Edgar - I sent you a PM about the seal materials Edgar. It's gone from my Outbox so I presume you've read it. I'm waiting for your answer before I send the stuff to you. Thanks.