Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[C&C] SMC Takumar 28mm F3.5 - EOS450D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: [C&C] SMC Takumar 28mm F3.5 - EOS450D Reply with quote

It has been raining here lately but luckily on Sunday there was no rain and I went for a photo shoot. Some PP applied.

#8 (This one with Auto Rikenon 55mm F1.8 )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully done, really outstanding shots for my taste. With one of my most favourite lenses (I think it's the same optical formula as my SMC K 28/3.5).
Last shot with the Rikenon is prestty stunning.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them all, but I would say the contrast is a bit high for my taste Embarassed

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice selection, they are all beautiful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys.

Patrickh : I will keep that in mind for next time. Maybe I exagerated a bit as you said Smile Thanks I appreciate the critics..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, magnificent shots with the Takumar :) Congratulations!

I especially like photos #5-8, beautiful compositions all :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots with a very good lens. Congrats.

As patrickh said - maybe too much contrast and I believe too much saturation.

Last one with the Rikenon is stunning.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsr : Thanks, I am glad you liked them

Rolf : The lens is indeed very nice. After these suggestions I am trying to stay away from contrast Smile

Rikenon shot is my wallpaper now, just moved it 90 degrees for that purpose and it became a great wallpaper Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you, the colors are a balm for my winter-deprived eyes Smile

On the first image, I'd be inclined to try a crop off the left side, just past the light high up on the wall, and perhaps a smidge off the bottom.

The white cat problem is a familiar one to me - our youngest is a very pale cream/orange - and his fur becomes over exposed very easily.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster : Something like this ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Now that you did it, I think I like the original better Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have mine on the way... Wink I can chime in with my two cents. For a long time, I assumed that the SMC K 28mm f3.5 was the same lens as the S-M-C Takumar 28mm f3.5 that came before it (most first generation K lenses were simply the prior version Takumars with a K-mount replacing the screw mount). I also used to think that faster lens = better lens. But I was set straight by some wiser Pentax heads and by this photo (which one of those wiser heads took):
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5513023&size=lg
*the above image is not mine*

That image was strikingly good in so many ways. Color, saturation, contrast and resolution. AND that was taken with it WIDE OPEN. F8 is it's sweet spot. I realize that this version has 8 optical elements, differentiating it from everything that came before or after it.

So, after missing out on one of the relatively rare times it appeared on eBay I decided to go the "Lens Wanted" route. Found a nice copy for significantly less than I was willing to pay on eBay. Can't wait to get it in my hot little hands. (My first grandchild will be along in about three weeks or so). Razz

I highly recommend grabbing one of these while they are still halfway reasonable. They are SO much better than anything else you probably have at 28mm.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be looking forward to see your photos with your new lens. Congrats on your purchase...